“Follow That Dream!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matlacha
Boothbay Harbor, Maine
“Follow That Dream!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Unique and a bit rustic, yes, but talk about FUN! Every room is within 10 feet of the water, and it's no swamp, but beautiful clear, fresh, ocean. Every single day I saw dolphins swimming and playing, and also a couple of manatees. I could have stocked an aquarium with the fish I caught right outside my room, and I wasn't even trying. (I used a pole from the motel and bought live shrimp bait across the street.) Bob our host was friendly and helpful. Walked across the bridge to Old Fish Market Marina, for breakfast and lunch, live afternoon music, and few ice cold beers. (P.S. Elvis filmed "Follow That Dream" here, and I am pretty sure I saw at least two of his sons and 1 grandson fishing off the bridge and working at the fish market.)

Room Tip: Our room was great, but next time I might spring for the luxury corner suites. I peaked in and they...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Picked this place over the web and thought it was unique because it is built on piles. It is possibly a little expensive because several of the eight rooms were vacant during our two-day stay during the prime tourist season. I fish, but did not bring my gear, and would recommend it to any one who fishes. Others did and caught primarily cat fish.

Bert's Bar and Grill is just a short walk and a great casual meal (and drink!).

The building is older, but being constantly maintained. We stayed in Unit 1. Their web site shows that outline of all eight rooms. The bridge construction nearby is pretty much over and we heard no noise. Our last morning we watch Dolphins swim by near the Inn.

I would suggest to anyone to "give the Bridgewater Inn a try"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boothbay, Maine
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We'd checked out reviews on line and decided to leave the Florida beach scene for something more "old Florida" - this place was perfect. Dolphins and manatees and more fish than you could count right outside our room door - I even heard fishing jumping as I lay in bed at night through the open window! Great fishing, easy walking access to casual restaurants and galleries. Bridge construction noise during the day but somehow it didn't really disturb the peace of the place. Bob, the manager, was terrific - let us use fishing gear and sent us in the perfect direction each day as we explored, bought bait, kayaked, etc. We were in room 1 which was large, but I felt as though it was a little dark at first, until I realized what a relief it was to get out of the sun and heat! The two rooms at the far end of the inn looked gorgeous, they were just a little more money than we wanted to spend. If you have the money, go for the suites at the end looking out over the water. We will definitely go back here.

Room Tip: the two suites at the end of the inn are outrageously great rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a really nice night at the Bridgewater Inn in February. Yes there's construction across the street...but it didn't really bother me much - it's on the main drag leading to pine island so it's busy anyway. But my room was great - The large suite at the end of the Inn - with all around water views b/c the Inn is situated on a dock that sticks out in the water. Perfect for fishing, great sunsets. Helpful innkeepers. Would definitely recommend for the experience.

Room Tip: I would splurge (not a lot anyway) and for for the rooms further out (away from the parking lot)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Barney Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed in unit 3 and loved every minute. The room was very large and could handle much more than the 2 of us. We loved having the corner looking out to the bay and the channel. Watch the dolphins play every day and the manatee's were swimming around in the morning. We fished off the deck of our room and had a great time. We will look forward to doing this again and again. Easy walking to eating places or just walk across the street to Andy's Seafood if the fish don't bite for some of the best fresh seafood and cook in the room

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas L
Toronto
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed in unit 3 February 2013 with my adult daughter and sister-in-law.
Pros: The unit was large, and clean (except for dog fur on one of the beds). Amazing view, and well equipped.
Cons: Very noisey due to construction and traffic. Very difficult to get out of parking spot. Bedroom has no space for anything other then beds. Two mirrors in bedroom are over the beds..can not be used and wall ornaments across from bed where mirrors should be? Only other mirror is in the bathroom. No fan or window in bathroom. T.V. has bad reception and had to go to the front of the building to use internet. Plastic vertical blinds were broken and veins kept falling down. No phone in room. Price was high for what we got and even charged an extra $10 for third person. We had to leave a day early as we couldn't sleep due to noise (6:00 am) and were not refunded. Yes we were told there was construction and noise, but were told it's not too bad. But when requesting a refund for night not uses were told construction had no restrictions on times etc. Would not stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kawahawk
Smithsburg, Maryland
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My brother in law and I stayed at the Bridgewater Inn on my sister(his wifes). recomendation.They own a house on Pine Island,but it was rented this month.When I booked Diane made it clear there was bridge construction going on in front of the Inn.Her followup e-mail also made sure I was aware of this.I told her don't worry I can sleep through anything.The construction was a non-issue our 3 days there.The noise was minimal and during the day I thought it was pretty cool to fish off the dock next to my room and watch the cranes do their work.We had a rental car which we really didn't use.You can walk anywhere in the town within 10 minutes.Bob and Dianne were the most hands on managers of any hotel/motel I have ever stayed at.Whatever the owner is paying them he is getting a bargain! I will be backThanks Guys

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jim R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matlacha
Knoll's Court Motel
#7 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Matlacha Cove Inn
Matlacha Cove Inn
#2 of 2 in Matlacha

Been to Bridgewater Inn? Share your experiences!