“Quaint Hotel in the middle of Old Florida Paradise”
Review of Bridgewater Inn

Bridgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matlacha
Sarasota, FL
“Quaint Hotel in the middle of Old Florida Paradise”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The bridge construction right out front gives one a deceptively bad impression, but once we checked in, the clean, comfortable rooms, waterfront view, dockage right outside our door, picnic/grill area, and convenience to all the little shops and restaurants of beautiful Matlacha makes this place an ideal home away from home. The staff was friendly and very accommodating, and the room was both very affordable and had an old Florida beachhouse feeling. We will definitely return!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. All of them are on the water on this quaint hotel built on a dock.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My beautiful wife surprised me with a weekend getaway at Matlachas, Fl. We stayed at the Bridgewater Inn. The rooms were clean, comfy and very close to the water (just open your door). We met Diane and Bob who were very informative, helpful and accommodating. Bridge construction was ongoing but nonetheless not in the way whatsoever. Parking was a little tight but was always a stone throw's from our room. Can't wait to come back for a scooter ride with our club from Sarasota. You gotta check out the 'Perfect Cup' breakfast/lunch cafe. The food was great and plentiful (both days a doggy bag for our 50 lb. Daschund/German Shepherd Mix). Service was great, coffee was impeccable and then there was the afternoon siesta back home at the Bridgewater Inn. Thanks for having us! We'll be seeing you guys again, real soon...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Diane M, Manager at Bridgewater Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
We want to thank all the quests that stay and visit us at the Bridgewater Inn. Bob and I and our Staff try to make sure that while you are here visiting us that you have the best possible experience staying with us and visiting Matlacha and Pine Island, and always look forward to you returning and visiting us again, and thank you all for the 17 wonderful tripadvisor comments that you have given us over the last year, they really do mean a lot to us that you took the time to mention your visit with us, look forward to seeing you all again. Thanks Diane
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It's nice to deal with a family run hotel. Bob and Diane were more than accommodating to us the entire trip. We stayed at the Bridgewater for a bachelor party/fishing trip. Fishing was red hot! The location was perfect and the famous Bert's Bar is right next door if anyone is in the mood for a little partying:)

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Shrimpnasty
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bridgewater Inn with our little dog. Bob was very informative about the restaurants and all and had offered us a sheet if the dog was going to be on the bed with us, which we accepted on arrival. I ended up losing the room key and was going to try to get another one made for them but when I spoke with Dianne, she told me it doesn't work like that, that it would cost me $25.00 :( for the key which I promptly paid upon departure. She did tell me if she found the key or anyone turned it in, she would return the $25. Low and behold, we were just down the road when Dianne called and said that they had found the key rolled in the bed sheets and to come on back and get our money :) and a pillow we had left behind. We sure would go back and stay. Nancy

Room Tip: Micelli's restaurant has 2 for $20.00 prime rib dinners on Thursdays after 4 pm.....delish!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had to come over for business, but wanted to have a little relaxing time to myself in the evening. This was the abosolute best spot to stay and was so private and relaxing. I stayed in the cottage which was perfect. And while I don't really have any reason to come back that way, I might just have to make the trip back just to stay and Bob and Dianes! They are the perfect hosts for Bridgewater!

Room Tip: The cottage is awesome and I'm sure the rooms are as well.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra C
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I had a very nice stay at Bridgewater Inn. I was met by the owner who showed me all available rooms and let me choose the one I wanted to stay in. For the price, the rooms are an excellent value. And the pier the hotel is situated on makes for amazingly relaxing evenings!

• Stayed September 2012
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent Labor Day Weekend (2012) at Bridgewater Inn. We were skeptical at first because of the bridge construction, but upon arrival we were greeted by Bob and we can't say enough how completely accommodating both he and Diane were to us, making sure we had everything we needed, making sure our stay was as comfortable and easy and enjoyable!!! Very gracious hosts!!! We had a kayak and SUP with us and again they made completely sure we were well hosted! Our room was very clean and the decor made you feel very cozy and comfortable. If you want to relax or fish, if you want some unique places to shop and eat, you will enjoy this place as your perfect resting spot!! The sunset from the bridge each evening was amazing, fishing was excellent and shops and eateries were very enjoyable!!

Room Tip: 5b is the room we took and it was very cozy! Perfect for couples!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matlacha
Knoll's Court Motel
#7 of 19 in Sanibel Island
Angler's Inn
Angler's Inn
#1 of 5 in Matlacha

Been to Bridgewater Inn? Share your experiences!