“Looking forward to coming back~”
Review of Bridgewater Inn

Bridgewater Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Matlacha
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had to come over for business, but wanted to have a little relaxing time to myself in the evening. This was the abosolute best spot to stay and was so private and relaxing. I stayed in the cottage which was perfect. And while I don't really have any reason to come back that way, I might just have to make the trip back just to stay and Bob and Dianes! They are the perfect hosts for Bridgewater!

Room Tip: The cottage is awesome and I'm sure the rooms are as well.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra C
There are newer reviews for Bridgewater Inn

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I had a very nice stay at Bridgewater Inn. I was met by the owner who showed me all available rooms and let me choose the one I wanted to stay in. For the price, the rooms are an excellent value. And the pier the hotel is situated on makes for amazingly relaxing evenings!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent Labor Day Weekend (2012) at Bridgewater Inn. We were skeptical at first because of the bridge construction, but upon arrival we were greeted by Bob and we can't say enough how completely accommodating both he and Diane were to us, making sure we had everything we needed, making sure our stay was as comfortable and easy and enjoyable!!! Very gracious hosts!!! We had a kayak and SUP with us and again they made completely sure we were well hosted! Our room was very clean and the decor made you feel very cozy and comfortable. If you want to relax or fish, if you want some unique places to shop and eat, you will enjoy this place as your perfect resting spot!! The sunset from the bridge each evening was amazing, fishing was excellent and shops and eateries were very enjoyable!!

Room Tip: 5b is the room we took and it was very cozy! Perfect for couples!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bridgewater Inn the weekend of August 17th through the 20th, I can honestly say that much to my surprise I was NOT at all bothered by the construction on the bridge. We stayed in suite 5 our room was clean, had a small kitchen with everything we needed. I really enjoyed sitting outside and watching the wonderful view, we even saw dolphins and manatees pass by right outside our door. We had breakfast every morning at a perfect cup which was a short bike ride away from the Inn. We enjoyed Bert's Bar & Grill just a short walk away and we also ate at Sandy Hook a short drive away but very well worth the drive. I cant wait to come back and stay in suite 2 my favorite of all. I would recommend the Inn to anyone that has a boat or likes kayaking as there is no pool or beach.

Room Tip: Suites in the back of the Inn have the best views and better fishing location.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen305
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just spent a great day/night at Bridgewater Inn. Bob abd Diane were the upmost hosts, upgrading our room, because they could!!! Perfect scenery, fishing and good times. The bridge construction was not even noticeable. Would definetly go back. Clay and Donna, Englewood, Florida

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed overnight with our 3 daughters (6 - 16) and loved every minute! Received a suite upgrade without asking as they had vacancies. Our room was perched out over the water with a gorgeous view of pine island sound. Stepped through the sliding glass doors to the wraparound deck and enjoyed successful fishing with the Inn provided gear (no charge) - - caught 2 sizeable ladyfish with 5-6 casts! Very clean and comfortable room, and the entire inn is very colorfully and beautifully decorated and landscaped (seascaped too!). The owners and staff were friendly and know the meaning of good old fashioned service. Overnight a rather large bird made a "deposit" on our car, and the owner went out of his way to "hose away" our problem"! Matlacha is FL fishing village charm par excellence, and the Bridgewater is the perfect home for your visit. We'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: We had Suite 3 - - we would recommend!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My stay at the bridgewater inn was all I thought it would be, the owners are very friendly and helpful. The inn it self was just as it was explained when we booked its situated at the foot of a bridge with water all around that is great for fishing even for novices like us. There are enough bars and restaurants to choose from and the town of cape coral a sort drive away with some buitiful islands to explore. We recommend the bridgewater inn to any of our friends and family and will come back ourselves. GREAT PLACE.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matlacha
Knoll's Court Motel
#16 of 20 in Sanibel Island
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 20 in Sanibel Island

Been to Bridgewater Inn? Share your experiences!