“Great food and fantastic view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House

Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Matlacha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great food and fantastic view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I went this evening for dinner with family. This was my first time at Sandy Hook. We went fairly early and requested a table by the window. We were seated immediately. Nice view of open water and mangroves. Food was excellent. I ordered Linguine with Marinara and Scallops. Came quickly and was hot and delicious. My dad ordered lobster tail. He said it was the best lobster tail he had ever had. I highly recommend this restaurant. Great service, delicious food, and a waterfront view!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you Lorraine for the wonderful review. I hope that the next time you come in that you ask for me and say hello. I always enjoy all of my reviewers. Have a great day and come back soon!!

Cape Coral, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a good water view friendly staff but average food at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are looking for good to excellent seafood plus a view this is not the place. We just had an early Sunday dinner there since my 82 year old mother wanted to treat our French cousin, us and the kids to a fun outing. The view was excellent as advertised but the food -- prime rib, crab legs, grouper, scallops, onion rings, and calamari --was all decent and edible but was not even close to reaching the memorable category. And after paying the $120+ bill I couldn't help feel that had we just made a special Publix grocery run, bought top cuts of meat / seafood, prepared all in simple fashion, and ate by the pool, we could have easily had the satisfying get-together were looking for saving us the trek out to be served up mediocre fare.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for coming out and having dinner with us and taking time to review us as well. I am sorry that you didn't completely enjoy your meals. I wish you would have said something to your server right away so that we could have taken care of you. We do try to offer many different preparations for all of our food. Some are simplistic (as many request) and others offer serving with various toppings, butters etc. I do hope that you will take the time to come out and dine with us again. Make sure you ask for Nicole so that I can make sure you are taken care of and have the food that will make you want to return again and again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great atmosphere good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food was great and the view unbelievable. We were seated promptly and informed the host that there was a birthday in the group.
Our server was very slow in taking drink orders, bringing the drinks and the food in general. Never brought the soup that was ordered. Seemed to not know the menu. When asked about the Florida lobster tail, he said it was stuffed...which it is, but it is a separate menu item from the plain lobster tail...choice of Bahamian and Florida. So we ordered the Bahamian which was 28.00 for one tail! Surely would have ordered Florida had we not been misinformed.
Had it not been for the owner/manager, who helped ensure that our food came out at all, we would have waited much longer. The only thing that came promptly was the check.
Server never acted on birthday despite being told. Owner made sure it was taken care of.
The cracked conch was delicious!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for letting me know about the issues that you had. I appreciate the review and have really been working with that server to better his skills. So far it seems to be paying off. I hope to have you back soon and when you do make sure you ask for me so that I can make sure you and your birthday (although belated) are taken care of.
Melbourne, Florida
“Good Food, Good Martinis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is not a very big place, but they have a million dollar view of the bay if you want to wait for window seat. The food was not bad, although a bit pricey. The martinis were great, once I showed the bartender how to make my dirty gin martini with Bombay Sapphire.

Visited May 2013
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I have to admit, I never get tired of that view either. Full moon nights are spectacular!!
Glenville, New York
“Delightful Waterfront Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Sandy Hook. The nautical themed decor in this waterfront establishment is quite pleasant. Key Lime Chicken was delicious, and my companion's prime rib looked great, cooked just as ordered. Definately will return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I look forward to seeing you next time. Make sure you say hi so I can thank you in person. I will make sure I let the kitchen know as well.