“Highlight of our trip”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in Cape Coral/ Fort Myers for a week for spring break and went out to eat all the time, some higher priced, some lower priced. We went to Sandy Hook on Easter for dinner. This was by far the best meal we had. The food was far better than even the higher priced places we went. I eat seafood all the time and theses were the best scallops I have ever had. I also had oysters and they were top notch too. The conch chowder was great, a little spicy, but I love spicy foods so this wasn't a problem. You can't beat the view either. If I had any complains at all, it would be that there is no outdoor seatin. But that's really not even an issue. We will definitely be returning. I hardly ever do reviews, but I felt this was needed. Thank you!

Visited March 2013
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We so appreciate your time and review. I am glad that you had a great dinner. We may not be the fanciest place, but we try to keep our prices reasonable while maintaining our quality. I hope to have you back next time you are in town. Hope you had a great spring break!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Seafood Delight”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Food was plentiful. 1# snow crab legs fresh and hot, baked potato done just right. Steak was a little chewy. Ribs and sauce were really good. Seem to close at an early hour.

Visited March 2013
Snow crab is my favorite!! Thank you for taking time for your review. We stop seating at 9 Tues-Sat and Sunday at 8, as long as you are in the door by that time you are seated. We never rush our customers to leave. In fact that is a huge issue with me and I make sure that my staff knows it. I hope to see you back soon. Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Outstanding seafood and wonderful service!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We took a chance on Easter and drove out to Matlacha. We lucked out at Sandy Hook!
We expected a wait but were seated within a few minutes. You cannot tire of the view of the peaceul water with pelicans divng for treats.
Our server was exceptional. We never had to ask more than once for anything.
The conch chowder was superb and the conch fritters were tender and the best we have ever eaten. The have a variety of seafood and also chicken, pastas and meat.
As a holiday treat, we each had a whole Florida lobster stuffed with crab. It could not be better.
All meals that passed us by looked tempting for sure.
We will be back and look forward to our next meal at Sandy Hook.

• Visited March 2013
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Florida Lobster - YUM!! I am glad we were able to make your Easter a memorable event. I have to give all of the kudos to my staff as they worked hard all day and all season. They make Sandy Hook special. THEY ROCK! I hope you stop by in again and say Hi!!
“Great food, great view, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My family and I ate dinner here at the end of March and we had an excellent meal. I had the key lime crusted grouper which was awesome. We also had the key lime pie which was the best we've had so far. We will definitely be back and would recommend this to any family looking for a great meal and a great atmosphere with a great view.

I am so happy that you had a great time. I pride ourselves on being a good family restaurant. I have customers' children that I used to carry around while they had dinner. Now some of them are taller than me and going to college!! Make sure you ask for me when you come in and say hi. I always enjoy meeting our reviewers!!
Warrenville, Illinois
“Diamond in the rough!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Love it! Great casual ambiance, family friendly! Come early for dinner...get a table with a view!!! Try the Tuna Nachos or Fish Tacos for a wasabi bite!

I really appreciate your review! The tuna nachos are my favorite!!