“Nice Casual Place”

Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Matlacha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Nice Casual Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

went for dinner, the wait wasn't that long. really enjoyed the Conch Fritter. I Had The Mahi Mahi. it was decent. over All It Was A Pleasent Experience.

Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us. I always appreciate it. Say Hi next time. It is always nice to put faces to the reviews.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Will Definitely Return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We requested a table by the window. Our wait was less than 15 minutes. Our party of four ordered four different entrees and we each were more than pleased with our meals. Spouse ordered lobster tails and pronounced his meal "the best since he arrived in Florida". (two years ago). Of course, loved the water view! We will return, no doubt about that.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you so much! It is always nice to get such a wonderful review. Make sure you say hi next time you come in so that I can thank you in person. That is a BONUS!
Bokeelia, Florida
“Great View, that's about it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place is average. Cool waterfront view. Not a place for the younger crowd. My fiancee and i were the only ones in there under 40. The food was ok but we wont hurry back there. The service was fine as well.

• Visited January 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review. If there were any specific issues with your food please let me know. I always am thankful for any input my customers may have. You may always email me at nicole@sandyhookrestaurant.com. As far as being the only ones under 40, out customer base does vary from night to night. I do agree we do have a large numbers of seniors and I am thankful for them all. However, our younger based crowd seems to return after season or come in late in the evening. I hope you will give Sandy Hook a try again and I hope to be here when you do.
Ontario
“They Attract a Lot of People”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had heard that the Sandy Hook was very popular so we drove to matlacha to try it. A great setting with eagles, pelicans and other seabirds, They seated us quickly and the service was excellent. Prices were a bit high for this style of restaurant but no one else seemed concerned as the place was very busy on a Thursday night.

I ordered a combo shrimp, scallop, fish platter. This seemed like a good bet for a seafood restaurant but the fish fillet was dry, overcooked and very small. It stuck to the dish like it had been under a heat lamp too long

So the food was OK but not great but everything was just fine and the crowds continue to come to Matlacha.

• Visited March 2013
Nicole M, General Manager at Sandy Hook Fish and Rib House, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to review us. We appreciate all input and I will make sure that I work with the kitchen on not allowing food to sit in the heat lamp. I hope you do come back and visit again and when you do, make sure to ask for Nicole and say hi!!
Woodstock, New York
“one of our two favorites in Matlacha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good food, fiar pricing, view of the bay from the table, walking [or boating] distance to our cottage.

Visited February 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are so thankful for wonderful customers like you that make us a part of your family!!