All reviewsbreakfast endshurlburt fieldroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyroad noisestayed one nightwould stay againconvenient locationdestinvendingkey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

So this hotel clearly isn't the newest hotel in the area, but considering the wear and tear that a hotel must endure, it is well kept. My room had clearly been upgraded recently and was very clean. The AC/Heat (yes, I had to use both in the same week) worked perfectly, no issues with shower/bath/sink/microwave/tv/hair dryer/coffee maker. Bed was really comfortable and it seemed quiet enough. Breakfast was the typical Hampton spread. Monday and Tuesday evenings they go a little extra and have a manager's reception with a small snack (chips and salsa) and offer you a beer or glass of wine. There is no fitness center, but they offer free passes to Gold's Gym. The front desk staff is extremely nice and helpful. Check in and check out were a breeze. It is a basic hotel, but works just fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I stayed 10/9-12/12. Overall I was very happy with my stay. I chose this hotel because it is the closest to Hurlburt. It was less than 3 miles and time is valuable to me. Check in staff was very cordial and efficient. All of the staff was very friendly, especially the staff in the early morning. I asked for a hotel room with a king size bed. Hotel room was on the small size and it was difficult to work out in it. The hotel literature said it had a gym but I did not check it out. Besides the size of the room the other disappointment was that the room did not have a refrigerator to keep some of my water cool. It did have an ice machine and soda machines nearby. Wireless internet was great, I was able to stream netflix. Also have great kudos for the free breakfast that it is included in the price. It was well stocked and had a great variety of items. They also provide you with a free copy of USA today. Room was clean and the housekeeping services were good. Check out was very easy. Hotel is located right on US 98 so if you if you are not an early riser get a room facing away from the road because at around 0630 the traffic noise is very noticeable. This hotel chain is part of the Hilton Family but it is not a Hilton and you should not look to it being on the same level--this is reflected in the price. If you want to stay at a more luxurious hotel then keep driving towards Fort Walton Beach and stay at the Sheraton. But with all things, you will have a trade-off, you will spend more time on the road and in traffic. For me, I rather be in my room as soon as possible than have the extra bells and whistles. As long as I have a clean and safe room with a television and internet, I am fine. The Hampton is a decent choice if you are in similiar situation

Room Tip: If you want less noise so you can sleep later in the morning ask for a room that does not face US Highway 98
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jocampo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed here before a few years ago and it was ok but honestly I feel like they swapped the beds out for older beds. I was going to stay at another hotel in the area last night but chose this one because I thought it would more comfortable beds being it was a Hampton inn, boy was I wrong. I felt like I was sleeping on a piece of plywood with a thin layer of padding on top. Temperature was very hard to regulate. Sink wouldn't drain and had someone else's hairs in it. Bathroom was small and very dated.

Most Hampton Inns you go to have a sign sitting on the bed that tell you the linens are fresh, this one literally had a sticky note attached to one of the headboards. I thought I was staying in a Motel 6.

Way overpriced for what it is. I normally don't mind paying for the Hampton Name because I usually get a good stay but this was not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Avoid it at all costs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Ms. Thelma in the breakfast area was a great example of a person loving their job. She and my husband talk about fishing and things to do and see in Mary Ester. The hotel was an older Hampton BUT very well kept. The rooms were clean and everything in place. We live in Mobile Al what a great getaway for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I made an advanced reservation on-line utilizing my reward points. When I arrived at this property it looked like a converted Super 8 motel. Upon entering the lobby I was greeted by a hotel associate who didn't present a professional appearance. I checked in right at 3 pm and the parking lot was mostly empty...cleaning staff were still cleaning rooms. I asked for a room on the first floor facing the front of the hotel. Once the clerk found out I was using reward points, I was given room 231 out of 231. It was on the second floor in the back corner of the hotel facing a dumpster and an alley. I commented to the hotel clerk, "So, this is how a Silver Rewards customer is treated." She just gave me a blank look. Later I attempted to get a drink from the vending machines on the first and second floors. Neither would dispense a product as they were both empty, and one took my money. I went back to the same clerk on duty and informed her of this and her reply was, "Oh, they must be empty...sorry." but did give me my money back. To say I'm not pleased with my stay at this hotel is a gross understatement. I will say apart from the outward appearance, the rooms were appointed like any other Hampton Inn. If ever in the Ft. Walton Beach area again, I will not stay at this property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo