$229
Hampton.com
$185
HIExpress.com
Regency Inn Fort Walton(Fort Walton Beach)
$96
Roya Hotel & Suites Bayside(Fort Walton Beach)
$169
Holiday Lodge & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
$116
$106
Priceline
$123
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$172
$135
$111
$198
$189
HIExpress.com
All reviewsbreakfast endshurlburt fieldroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyroad noisestayed one nightwould stay againconvenient locationbeach viewdestinvendingkey
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was in Destin and tried to find an available room. No luck anywhere.
I ended up booking at he Hamption Inn in Mary Esther, a few miles from Destin.
Glad I did. Prices were not as outrageous than Destin and the place was really clean.
The room was nice, I stayed 2 nights and the room was made on time and the bed sheets replaced.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had to make a last minute trip during a holiday weekend to Fort Walton and this was the only hotel that had availability. I got the very last room in the hotel, a handicapped smoking room on the first floor. Since it was a holiday, the cost was much more than the quality of the room, but I was desperate!

The hotel itself is not a typical Hampton Inn design, but rather a converted motel, with room access via outside doors. It is located on a busy road, but since my room was around back I did not hear any highway noise. The rooms are older, but very clean. Since my room was a smoking room, I was very worried about the odor of old smoke, but the housekeepers did a good job in sanitizing and it was minimal. There was a very small, but clean pool out front and also free Wi-Fi, which was a plus.

One great plus point about this hotel is the breakfast. There were more choices than an average Hampton Inn and it was tasty and very well run.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

After reading the previous reviews, I was very uncertain of my choice. Being Memorial Day weekend, there wasn't a lot of choices. I almost cancelled when I read about odors due to my allergies but there were no availabilities anywhere. I am glad I didn't cancel. The motel was very clean and no odors at all. There was a little drive over the bridge to get to the ocean but it wasn't a bad drive. I do believe the hotel is over priced at 140.00 per night; though, that may have been due to the holiday and it was a lot cheaper than the 300.00 a night on the beach (if there were availabilities). I prefer to stay in Destin but this was a very comfortable stay with clean rooms and nice breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Customer service makes the experience here. We liked location for our needs.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed for 10 days. Looks like they were updating the furniture. Only 2 small drawers in the dresser. The "hi-peed" Internet was anything but, wired or wireless. Spent a lot of time working on my laptop and this was an issue. Also, after sitting at the desk for a half hour or so my shoulders and neck were getting very sore because the desk was so high. Ended up lying on te bed with the computer propped on my lap. The rooms are outside access and it can be rather loud when you step outside. The pool is small and right next to the road. The free breakfast is OK. The staff is courteous it's located close to a lot of restaurants.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business