Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach Mary Esther
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mary Esther
London, United Kingdom
“Very clean”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was in Destin and tried to find an available room. No luck anywhere.
I ended up booking at he Hamption Inn in Mary Esther, a few miles from Destin.
Glad I did. Prices were not as outrageous than Destin and the place was really clean.
The room was nice, I stayed 2 nights and the room was made on time and the bed sheets replaced.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had to make a last minute trip during a holiday weekend to Fort Walton and this was the only hotel that had availability. I got the very last room in the hotel, a handicapped smoking room on the first floor. Since it was a holiday, the cost was much more than the quality of the room, but I was desperate!

The hotel itself is not a typical Hampton Inn design, but rather a converted motel, with room access via outside doors. It is located on a busy road, but since my room was around back I did not hear any highway noise. The rooms are older, but very clean. Since my room was a smoking room, I was very worried about the odor of old smoke, but the housekeepers did a good job in sanitizing and it was minimal. There was a very small, but clean pool out front and also free Wi-Fi, which was a plus.

One great plus point about this hotel is the breakfast. There were more choices than an average Hampton Inn and it was tasty and very well run.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tennesse
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

After reading the previous reviews, I was very uncertain of my choice. Being Memorial Day weekend, there wasn't a lot of choices. I almost cancelled when I read about odors due to my allergies but there were no availabilities anywhere. I am glad I didn't cancel. The motel was very clean and no odors at all. There was a little drive over the bridge to get to the ocean but it wasn't a bad drive. I do believe the hotel is over priced at 140.00 per night; though, that may have been due to the holiday and it was a lot cheaper than the 300.00 a night on the beach (if there were availabilities). I prefer to stay in Destin but this was a very comfortable stay with clean rooms and nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Customer service makes the experience here. We liked location for our needs.

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 10 days. Looks like they were updating the furniture. Only 2 small drawers in the dresser. The "hi-peed" Internet was anything but, wired or wireless. Spent a lot of time working on my laptop and this was an issue. Also, after sitting at the desk for a half hour or so my shoulders and neck were getting very sore because the desk was so high. Ended up lying on te bed with the computer propped on my lap. The rooms are outside access and it can be rather loud when you step outside. The pool is small and right next to the road. The free breakfast is OK. The staff is courteous it's located close to a lot of restaurants.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Room was dated and a bit smelly.
Outside door...loud...but, I always have a sound machine with a "white sound", so It didn't bother me.
The location though was good and price was inexpensive.
Hamptons nationwide usually have a higher standard.
In all fairness to them though...this was obviously a "take over" of an old strip hotel. Not built as a Hampton Inn. Sometimes they are tough to convert unless you completely gut them out.
The staff were friendly and there seemed to be a lot of military personal staying.
It seemed like a safe place to stay even though it was on the main road.
I would stay again if I had to. I would not stay at Hamptons every week like I do if they were all like this though.

Room Tip: Ask at check in if you have a corner room. There are four. Those 4 are the only ones with no fridg...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed here for one night in September 2011. I found the inn completely satisfactory and can make no criticism. I had a ground-floor room on the highway side of the hotel (unusually for a Hampton Inn it was a "drive-up" room) and although passing traffic was quite heavy the room was well insulated and I did not hear the traffic. I broke my glasses just before arriving and needed to have them fixed on a Sunday; the gentleman on duty at reception could not have been more helpful in finding me a repair place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
#19 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
Best Western Navarre Waterfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Mary Esther-Fort Walton Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Destin

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach Mary Esther? Share your experiences!