All reviewsbreakfast endshurlburt fieldroom was cleanbiscuits and gravyroad noisestayed one nightwould stay againconvenient locationdestinvendingkey
Reviewed February 23, 2011

A very nice and easygoing hotel, good quality for the money, close to beaches, without being on the beach..
Perfect if you want to stay out of the crowds and explore the area.
Very nice staff and a good breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The front desk staff was very good. The room had a funny smell and was definately and older property. The hi speed internet was free and fast. I would make sure that you book a room on the side of the hotel that is not on the very busy road.
I grabbed a breakfast to go, which was good, so I cannot comment on the hot breakfast.
It was a decent place to stay, but I would have been better off in Destin for the same price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed one night until we could get into our condo where we're staying for a week. I recommend it for that. The room was clean, bed comfortable. Breakfast included hot waffles. Pool was small and right next to a busy street. Rate was reasonable for a good room in the area. Refrigerator and microwave in room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2009

After driving 14 hours, we were looking for a chain hotel we liked. The Hampton Inn looked nice from the outside. I inquired about price and was offered a $79.99 room rate (with tax, $90). The king bed room I was given faced the highway. Upon closing the door to the room, we could still hear the highway traffic. OK, back to the front desk for a room change.

We were given a room around the backside (where it seems ALL other guests already were). That room reeked of urine! As pets were not allowed, I grimaced to think where the smell originated. OK, back to the front desk again.

This time, we were given a 2nd floor room on the backside which was fine. It showed the slightest signs of wear, but was clean and quiet. The bed was very nice and not sagging. It was fine for one night and priced appropriately.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 22, 2008

Comfortable beds and good breakfast. Overall this hotel is very nice.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)