“If you looking for good pizza, Chicago style or value, look somewhere else.”

County Line Pizza & Sidewalk Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was craving Chicago Deep Dish pizza while I was visiting my in-laws in Ft. Walton, so I went to my friend tripadvisor.com and County Line and their two locations popped up. Given the one on Page Bacon Rd., Mary Esther was a mile from the house it was a natural choice.

Boy, I should have driven further.

We ordered a Chicago style deep dish and a personal cheese pizza.

Let's start off with a positive, or at least the best I can find in this situation, the deep dish had a good flavor. I have had much much better, but it was a decent pizza. It is not 10" it is 9 1/2” It comes in a 10" box. It is not 2" thick either, it is 2" on the edge of the crust the center of the pie is 1 1/2". You may not think this is much but when you are paying $22 for a pizza that should feed three if not 4 and you lose one person, it makes a difference. If you want a medium pizza with lots of toppings think of it that way, not a Chicago pizza.

The personal pizza ($8) (in the attached photo) looked and tasted like a cross between Little Caesars and the old grade/high school cafeteria pizza. It was given to me in a "to-go" buffet style Styrofoam container. Which when hot stuff in, starts to melt, (the upside is at least the pizza was hot.) But that melting and chemical leaching might have added to the flavor, because it didn't have much.

This place is expensive and mediocre, and I am being generous with the mediocre.

In the end, County Line Pizza Mary Esther came off as “this is a bar that makes bar-grade pizza.” If you are looking for quality or even on-par pizza, go someplace else, including your high school cafeteria.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I have lived here for 2 years and did not discover this place until about a month ago....boy have I missed out. The deep dish pizza here is absolutely the most amazing pizza I have ever put in my mouth. The staff is super friendly and the owner himself cooks your food! This is a must eat place....we frequent almost every other Monday now and we are always there with friends....we LOVE it!!!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place maintains the same standard of great food & service at a reasonable price as the original location, but is in a more convenient location to me and across the street from the Santa Rosa Mall. I have sampled most of the menu and have not had a bad dish yet! My personal favorites are the Boggy Boy Pizza, any Appetizer, and the Caprese Panini, but you won't be disappointed with anything! The wings and lunch buffet are also great food at a great price. What I really like is that NOTHING is fried - only baked in their awesome oven! So, if you're ever in the area check it out, you'll be glad you did!