“Dirty, Nasty find some other place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
houston tx
“Dirty, Nasty find some other place to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2008

The hotel looked ok from the outside but the inside was another matter. The first room that we were offered the bath room was dirty toilet tub and the works. When we pulled back the covers for the beds we found hairs. I talked to the night manager who was very nice and gave me a key to another room. To avoid having to move our stuff more than needed I checked the room out before hand. The sheets and bath were clean enough but it was littered with bugs (most dead but some alive). I showed the manager who offered us a stay in suite. At last the bed and bath appeared to be clean. (the carpet and floors were filthy).It only had one bed and a pull out couch. They did not have sheets for the pull out so the night person was going to get us some. After about 45 minutes I pulled out the sofa bed to find the mattress cover had urine on it. I ultimately had to go down stairs and get the linnens myself so that we could go to sleep. The night manager was so over taken by complaints that she had forgotten our issue. STAY AWAY.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — it was dirty
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
bristol
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2008

This hotel sure fooled me. It looked nice and clean on the outside, but the inside told a different story. My room smelled like mold. Looked as though my bed had not been changed. and we found dirty towels in our bathtub. I wonder if their rooms get cleaned daily or just when they feel like cleaning them. We notified front desk and they sent a housekeeper to make our beds with clean linen. That was it it, no sorry no nothing.
Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

I was staying here at this hotel for about 15 days. I was here by myself (student) and didnt know anything in this town. Soon as I got off the exit, I saw that there were many hotels. I didnt know where I was going to stay, but knew that I wanted something that was interior corridor and well lit up. And that is what I found here. This is one of the best hotel, I have ever stayed at. The staff was great as well as the manager. She helped me alot. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Especially students. Its safe, comfortable and great friendly service. Oh and I love the cookies. Great breakfast too.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, great breakfast and great friendly service
  • Disliked — Everything was Great
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank heavenabove
Tallahassee, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

Unfortunately, this hotel does not live up to the fact it is a fairly new hotel. Upon entering my room, I noticed a strong odor, which was that of mold/mildew. Additionally, the light bulb was blown. After notifying management, I was informed someone would be there to change it. I went bact to the room sprayed Lysol and left. When I returned to the room, the room smelled worse and I went to check out. The manager (Deepa Shah) told me that "this is a new hotel and this was the first she had heard of this problem." She further said that because it had been longer than 30 mins. since I checked in, I would have to be charged for half of a night stay.

After leaving I called customer service and informed them of my complaint, I was told it would be forwarded to the property and I would recieve a response. The response I recieve totally contradicted what happened and she basically said she was the owner and there was no one else I could complain to.

My question is, if what is the point of filing a complaint if the hotel gets the opportunity to respond with a riduculous story.

The decor is nice, but the room smelled horrible, room 110 to be exact.

• Liked — Lobby was nicely decorated
  • Disliked — Management, Front Desk and the lack of customer service
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2008

I recently stayed here as part of a group and it was much better than I expected for what I thought would be a typical roadside hotel. The rooms are very nicely adorned with comfortable beds and flatscreen televisions. The room was comparable to hotels three times the price of this one.

There was a complimentary continental breakfast every morning. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Though they have free internet in the business center, it did not work too well. That's a minor complaint on what was otherwise a very pleasant experience.

Also, there is a liquor store basically in the parking lot that has a surprisingly nice selection of wines, spirits and cigars.

• Liked — Convenient, clean, comfortable
  • Disliked — Subpar business center
  • Stayed January 2008
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2007

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The suite was nice. I expected more of a divider between between the sofa and the beds, but it was ok. A decent bet for your money (about $90/night for a suite)

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Palm City, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

My family spent two nights at this hotel and unfortunately our experience left a lot to be desired. First the positives:
1. Convenient location 2. Attractive lobby 3. Fairly spacious rooms
4. nice, although small pool.
Now to the problems. The room was so damp that clothes felt wet after hanging in the closet. The only way to avoid the dampness was to keep the AC on HIGH and then the room was freezing cold.
Also, the door on our room wouldn't lock. We were told by staff members that management was aware of the problem. When I spoke to management, I was told they would try to fix it. However, when we returned to the room the lock was still broken and management made no effort to make alternate accomodations available. In fact, their response was a rather flippant,"You can always check out".
Lastly, the continental breakfast was meager at best. Yes, it was complimentary, but what appeared to be artificial eggs and anemic frozen waffles was less than appetizing.
All in all, I would not stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Super 8 Marianna
Super 8 Marianna
#6 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna? Share your experiences!