“Excellent service”

Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
“Excellent service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

After going to 3 other hotels nearby we finally booked a room here. Staff was super friendly. Loved it here. Room was clean and breakfast had variety. Only downside was we couldn't take breakfast to our room. But it understandable, been to several hotels who have the same rule. And after seeing a woman stuff 4 yogurts in her purse, its realistic why this rule applies. Great hotel!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel had good reviews so I booked a room for an overnight stopover on our way to Sarasota. When we arrived after an 11 hour drive, the hotel looked fine on the outside. The lobby was clean if the furnishings were somewhat lacking in taste, but the man at the front desk was pleasant. The first thing I noticed when we entered the room was that the carpet had several stains. After unloading our bags I noticed stains on the comforters on both beds. While the sheets seemed clean, they were older and one set had stains that apparently had not come out in the wash. The ottoman with the small chair in the room also was stained. Also, something had been spilled on the phone on the table between the beds and not cleaned up. A sign in the bathroom reminding guests that they would charged for towels that they did not purchase from the Executive Housekeeper, along with a list of prices, was a little off-putting as I am not sure I want to stay somewhere that attracts guests that need to be reminded not to steal the hotel's towels, as noted by another reviewer. The bathroom was clean, however. Also, at breakfast the next morning, a sign was posted in the breakfast room instructing guests not to take breakfast items to their rooms. If I am paying almost $100 a night for room, I want to be able to take breakfast in my room if I am so inclined. Again, if the hotel has clientele who can't be trusted to eat breakfast in their room without trashing the room, or if the hotel simply doesn't want to be bothered to clean up after guests who do eat in their rooms, I am not sure I want to stay there. The breakfast offerings were pretty limited, anyway. I'm not super picky, but the housekeeping and maintenance standards seemed below average and I would not recommend this hotel. I've travelled quite a bit and stayed in most of the hotel chains. I have noticed that Comfort Inns are always a bit hit and miss and do not have the reliable standards of quality that you generally find with comparable brands from other chains, like Hampton Inns, and this one is no different. Unfortunately, it is a miss. I couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed August 2012
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed here twice and both time service was good and rooms clean and comfortable. There is a Pizza Hut and Ruby Tuesdays within walking distance. The hotel is right off the interstate and they gave a discount with Costco membership. Good breakfast too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I booked a King Suite here as a last minute 2 night get away. We stayed on July 1st and 2nd, 2012. It was a great decision! It was within 6 or 8 mies of the Florida Caverns and Jackson Blue Springs. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out it was a wonderful stay. Jeffery, the front desk attendant at the time of our check in and several times through out our stay was so kind, courteous and helpful with everything. He is definately a feather in the Comfort Inn hat! Definately a keeper!! Our King room had a Hot Tub next to the bed! We had room 106 and were very pleased. The room was very spacious, had a great flat screen TV (32 inch I think), a desk area with internet access if you came for work of some sort, etc. The bed was very comfortable with 6 pillows! The bathroom was a nice size with a tub or shower, which ever you prefer. The hot water worked fantastic in the shower or in the Hot Tub! Our room didn't just look clean, it smelled CLEAN AND FRESH!! WOO HOO!!

Let me just say the AC in this room ROCKED AND ROLLED. When you have to keep turning the AC "UP" because the room is too cold and it's 100 degrees outside, THAT AC ROCKS!! We have stayed in many hotels over the years and one of my complaints is usually the AC unit just couldn't keep our room cool. I have to say since I'm an air condition baby that this was the very best part of my stay!!

Another great thing was the quiet! Yes there were many people with lots of children staying during our stay here. There were about 40 children, mostly boys ages 7 to 10 staying here because they were competing in a ball tounament in town. The pool was slam packed everytime I went to it. I counted 41 bodies in the pool at one time. Due to the amount of children and their parents that were already in the pool everytime I visited it, I did not get in the pool, I just went back to my room. I didn't mind they were haveing a ball and I had been at the springs all day so I was okay with it. I was amazed at the amount of kids that were there, yet if I hadn't went to the pool or talked to their parents in the laundry I would have never known they were all there. Another huge complaint I usually have is the noise from the hallways or above me, etc. But not here, Comfort Inn had arranged their guests in such a manner that there was a quiet zone for those of us that were there to have a QUIET, relaxing time. Way to go Comfort INN!

There were 2 slight issues I had with this hotel and the only reason they got 4 stars and not 5. One was that there was ONE washer and ONE dryer for the all the guests to use. I waited 2 1/2 hours to do one load laundry not finishing my load until after 11 p.m. And the sad thing was that there were 2 ladies waiting behind me for their turn. The washer took about 22 minutes and the dryer took about 45 minutes. If the hotel had 2 dryers we could have finished in half the time. (Just a little something for the hotel to think about.) The second issue was the bathroom above the bath tub in our room had some paint that was peeling off the ceiling. From the looks of it, it was from a water leak on the second floor. This was a minor issue but it was something that could definately have been repaired with a little effort from maintenance. It wasn't bad or nasty, in fact it looked pretty fresh, just something I noticed when reviewing my room.

Last but not least and to leave you on a good note, the breakfast was amazing. There were 3 different types of muffins and 3 different types of pastries to choose from. There were 3 or 4 different breads to choose from to make toast with of course butter, jelly, jam, honey, etc. There were bagels and english muffins, cream cheese, peanut butter, yogart, etc. They also had waffles, yes I said waffles. Not just regular old waffles but spice flavored waffles and even strawberry waffles, with honey or surup, etc to choose from. They had bacon and cheese omelets one morning and turkey sausage and scrambled eggs the next morning. Most delicious turkey sausage I've ever had, I usually don't like turkey sausage but this was delicious! They had coffee and several juices to choose from and 3 different cereals! They had regular milk and 2 percent milk to choose from. such a great variety for breakfast there was no need to go anywhere else!

THANK YOU COMFORT INN & SUITES IN MARIANNA FLORIDA FOR MAKING MY 2 DAY GET AWAY A PLEASANT, WONDERFUL AND RELAXING TIME!!

Room Tip: Ha Ha Ha If you wanna stay cool, I choose room 106. It was one of the 3 best rooms I've ever sta...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stopped here for one night after a long day of driving! The guy at the front was very nice! The service was great and the pool was very nice! The beds were comfy! I would definately stay again! Also right down the road there is a very yummy and super clean DQ! Service and food was great! Nice little town to stop in!

• Stayed June 2012
Bay City, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was a pull off the interstate and find a room kind of stay. The staff was very nice, helpful and colorful.room was nice and quiet.will stay there again if we ever get back to marianna. Not to sound judgemental but the man working the desk was wearing blue eye shadow and had a a pony tail, he was very respectful and nice it was just hard to get past the fact that a man working in the service industry would be allowed to wear make up during business hours. They gave a military discount that helped greatly and once again it was a pleasant experience overall.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room was nice.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel was very clean, the staff very nice and the breakfast was the best at any hotel stayed at over the past couple of weeks.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Super 8 Marianna
Super 8 Marianna
#5 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna? Share your experiences!