“Eat somewhere else!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Po' Folks
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Marianna
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama
“Eat somewhere else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This place was near our hotel, it was late, they were open and we were hungry. Big mistake. Service was awful--- server didn't seem to know anything about the menu. Food was flavorless and barely warm. And a roach crawled up the wall next to us. Gross place.

• Visited February 2013

Ocala, Florida
“A must stop when traveling Interstate 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a group leader taking many motorcoach trips westward on I-10 and I make it a special point to stop at Po' Folks each and every time. Why? The food is fantastic and the price is right. If traveling this interstate particularly on Sundays, make sure you stop as they have all you can eat buffet featuring many ways chicken can be prepared plus other dishes. My last trip was back in April heading for New Orleans.

• Visited April 2013
“Just OK.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We came with a group of 8 on a road trip. It is right off the highway so we decided to stop for a break. The restrooms were pretty dusty on the stall doors and the gum ball machine also sent out dusty gum balls. The waitresses were kind and told us about kids eating free on Wednesday's. I ordered the fried chicken and it took a reasonable amount of time to come out. It was OK, but lacked seasoning and the pieces were small. My son got chicken strips but didn't even eat a whole one, they weren't crunchy. The mashed potatoes were instant and a little cold. This isn't a place we would really care to return to anytime soon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Nothing special, Fried, Fried, Fried.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I have never been to a Po Folks before, we were traveling through Marianna and thought we would give it a try. The menu consists of mostly fried southern style cooking. If you are hungry, you will get plenty of food to fill an empty stomach. Our meals were not bad, and arrived at the table nice and hot. Our waitress was pretty decent at keeping our drinks filled and getting our food to us. The decor needs a little help or remodeling. It did not present the cleanest atmosphere ever. I was fairly happy with the price. It was about 50 dollars for 5 people. I can't bash the place, but I can't say I would run back.

• Visited May 2013
Ocala, Florida, United States
“Sunday Buffet - Is the best around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

A bus-load of seniors arrived, and the staff at Po'Folks made us feel right at home. Very helpful, and effecient. The buffet was LOADED, collar greens are the best around, while the chicken, the fish, ham, were all plentiful. Rest rooms clean, but I can't say enough about the staff. Thank you for a great buffet.

• Visited April 2013