“Very Unnappealing Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
Georgia
“Very Unnappealing Hotel”
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My family and I originally reserved a suite (AAA rate $80/nt) for 11/22-11/24, however due to the "ick" factor of the room and the hotel itself, we could only take one night of staying at this hotel. The staff was very courteous, however, the hotel is in dire need of repairs. My family and I stayed at this same hotel 2 years ago without incident, however ALOT can obviously change in 2 years. My biggest gripes with the hotel were:

- In order to take a hot shower, the water had to run for about 5 minutes in order to get at least lukewarm
- The beds are very low to the ground
- The room was very moist/humid - even AFTER turning on the AC
- The sofa in our suite was dirty, had torn cushions, and overall just need to be thrown out
- The walls of the suite had holes where the bathroom and bedroom doors obviously swung out too wide
- The entire hotel had a "wierd" smell
- The suite floor, walls, fixtures, etc. were dirty

After an awful night's sleep - my family and I relocated to the the VERY NICE/CLEAN Comfort Inn and Suites across the street.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of room/hotel
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank shaviewavie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Illinois
Reviewed January 14, 2007

We checked in on Jan 11. We were early and the girl at the desk was very kind and let us check in early. We got a handicapped room on the first floor. Smelled like urine! That evening my daughter who had a great room next door and I went to the front desk to ask about a computer. The foreign man at the desk was on the phone. He actually continued his conversation for some time and while talking walked away from the desk leaving us just standing there. We went to the room and called the front desk to find out that there is not a computer available to visitors. The next afternoon, I went to the desk. Again the same man was on duty. He was not at the desk. While I waited (30 min.) two other people came in to see if there were any available rooms. He never came out and they left. The female staff were always available and helpful. If you stay there, be ready for long waits when he is at the front desk. Doesn't seem to care if you stay there or not. We won't stay again.

• Liked — our rooms were together
  • Disliked — smell in room, unable to reach front desk
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Smith68

Travelers are raving about these Marianna hotels

Parrish, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2006

See my review of the Best Western, Marianna on way out.. on the way back, we stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. Slightly better, but not great. It was $84 for a standard room - not a suite- with a package including little backpacks for the kids- which took a while to deliver, (the next morning) though the staff was very nice about it. Staff was very friendly. Pool was very small, there was a hot tub as well. Pool area was kind of sloppy. Bathroom in this hotel built in 2004 should have been in pristine condition, but not. Some hairs in various places on floor, grime in corners, soap scum in tub... desk/table greasy in corner of the room.. Saw one of those same little black roaches on the phone- but only 1... (Best Western had 4) Do they not believe in extermination in Marianna.. Room was rather small. Amenities were few. Feather pillows are standard, but 4 foam available at front desk (allergies).. High speed internet hook up did not work, but we were close enough to the lobby to pick up the wireless connection which did...
Breakfast was OK in the morning, it is tended.. a little limited but there was food there.
BTW - did not really like PoFolks (across the street)- don't expect it to remind you Cracker Barrel..more like a Denny's with a very limited menu and no atmosphere (Sonny's BBQ was better on way out).. Felt like room wasn't worth $84 a night.. I would have felt better paying @$72 or less. I like bathrooms to be super clean.. especially paying more than $80.. it is like a lazy housekeeper had charge of this room for a long time...and just halfheartedly wiped things down. Might still try other options. I will look up the Holiday Inn Express and see if others liked that, I think. Marianna is a good halfway point for us.. there is another exit for Marianna, might check that out, too..

1 Thank kokopelia
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Our 15yr old boy learned in school about the Florida Caverns in Marianna, so we decided to have a Family Trip and visit the Florida Caverns State Park. We made reservations at Country Inn because we had stayed at other of their locations before and we really enjoyed our stay. But, what a difference!! The Marianna location looks forgotten by time. The Staff was not friendly at all, they were more anxious to go on smoke break than to take care of their guests. There were no cookies awaiting for us (this is a Country Inn tradition). The musty smell in the room gave me a headache. We requested an additional pillow and were told that they have none. The bathroom had no toiletries available, the shower curtain was stained and the top counter was broken. The two queen beds were uncomfortable, the sheets itched badly and the small refrigerator in the room smelled liked rotten food. The breakfast next morning was very scarce, no boiled eggs, no waffle machine and the person taking care of the breakfast seemed upset. I will not stay at this location or recommend it. For $90 a night, I was expecting so much more! The only way I will come back here is if am passing-by Route 10, and I am 110 miles west of Tallahassee then I will revisit to the Caverns (that are really spectacular), then keep driving.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank Nuova_Vita
Louisiana
Reviewed March 26, 2006

Clean hotel with nicely decorated rooms. We stayed in a smoking room, as non-smoking was not available; however, there was not a smoke smell in the room. We requested a 2 bedroom. Be aware that a 2 bedroom means one bedroom with a larger living room with a sofa that makes out into a bed. The bathroom was large. There was coffee and cookies out when we arrived, which was a nice touch. The breakfast was better than most continental breakfasts. The tv in the bedroom was not working, but the manager did replace it when he arrived. There were no toiletries in our room when we arrived, but a quick trip to the service desk remedied this. Very quiet hotel with reasonable rates.

Stayed March 2006
1 Thank Texjuns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 15, 2005

Decided to stay the night due to the price and amenities; $80 for a King suite. The bed was relatively comfortable. Two 27" tvs in room. Microwave and fridge. Didn't hear any other guests, but that may be because there weren't very many there. Here's the downsides:

'Laundry room' is a single washer and dryer.
'Fitness room' is a treadmill, exercise bike, and stair climber.
Talking elevator is hot (no a/c), stops at each floor, and the doors apparently don't like to close.
Uncomfortable room furniture.
Wireless internet has very low signal, mediocre speed.
Pool is very small. Looks like a large hot tub.

As mentioned, you can't really complain for $80, but I couldn't help but wonder if I should have stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. If you just need a bed for a few hours rest, save $20-30 and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2005