Review Highlights

FUN

Reviewed August 6, 2018
Melissa S
Alabama

All reviews black tubes chipola river spring fed two hours float canoe sunscreen nature outing florida turtles
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Great time floating down the creek then the river today. Came up on some folks snorkeling and asked what they were looking for. They said sharks teeth and arrowheads. We will bring our gear next trip!

1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Had a great time today tubing with my 5 yr old and 3 teen boys. Read a lot of reviews before going and didn’t know what to expect. 1st off the location was easy to find. I rented tubes there. Got 3 black tubes and a wowzoom. It was awesome. Will definitely go back. As for all the 1star reviews, after going I can see where people get upset. But what you have to understand is that this business is not running river tours. They rent rafts, canoes and kayaks and provide shuttle service. Period! If you bring your own raft they provide air and shuttle service. You are not their responsibility. If they seem gruff or use too many capitals it was clear to me that these people probably spend most of their day dealing with people who are wanting a service that they don’t provide. As a hospitality business owner I get it. They were helpful and provided me with exactly what I expected. Our tubes were in good condition, they offered advice as to what we needed, and made it clear that once we were in the water we were on our own. The water was clear, shallow and easy to maneuver. We saw zero snakes or gators and our trip took approximately 4 hrs. Also there are several bridge markers that break up the trip. If you are really concerned about rescue you will easily be able to alert authorities to your location and I had cell service the entire trip!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Looked all over website for "where" to check in. Finally called and was told "depends on where you are going. Website says they open at 8 a.m. Showed up at 8:45 a.m.. Doors locked. Man got there, let me in and oaid. Waited nearly an hour for a trailer to show up, tie everything down and travel 3 miles up the road in a Cadillac Escalade with no rear seatbelts, then untied and unload.

All that to say, be prepared for "the wait".

Once we were finally in the water the Kayaks and other equipment were great. We will do it again.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great place for canoeing! If you have your own, they will transport you and your canoes for $15 a person. Always friendly. Money well worth spent. Just make sure you stop before you get to the river as there is no place to pull off for lunch. When you get to marker 8 that is the last place to stop.

Reviewed May 12, 2018

My son and I had a great time kayaking down the river for about two hours. We enjoyed the beautiful, quiet time in nature. Make sure you apply plenty of sunscreen, bring some snacks and plenty of water for the trip. The staff was very friendly, helpful and ensured that my son was able to handle his kayak before letting us go on our trip. Thanks for the great time! Highly recommend Bear Paw Escape!

1  Thank happymom94
Reviewed May 4, 2018

I was visiting my mom and dad and saw this float in Marianna so I went down, it was so quick and easy to sign up and the shuttle to the beginning of the spring was short, a beautiful float down to the office.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

My family and I were in town and saw the good reviews. We went to Bear Paw without a reservation but the owner accommodated us. The four of us rented 2 canoes and we loved the 2 hr excursion. Highly recommend!

1  Thank jmjack2017
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a cool trip to take and have about 4 hours to kill this is the thing for you! Be prepared to do some paddling even if you opt for tubing as you do need to direct yourself at times to avoid trees and things.

We went with the giant two person floats which were perfect! They give you one paddle per vessel which was fine. The first half of the trip is a little more exciting with lots of places to stop and play, swim, rope swing etc. Bring a smaller cooler w drinks and small snacks, be sure to apply good sunscreen before you leave and a good bug repellent. We were not bothered by a single insect!

The second half of the river gets deeper and here you get to relax more and just
Coast. Very nice.

Staff is very nice and thoroughly explains where you go and the few rules.

Enjoy!!!

3  Thank JoyRider73
Reviewed August 8, 2017

This is an opportunity to canoe or float in a inner tube down a branch off the Chipola River. There are Spring fed waters with a gentle current. It is relaxing and children really enjoy the adventure. One of the least costly and earth friendly things you can do in Florida. Great for families. Campgrounds and motels very close by but you get away from the hustle and bustle as you drift to your destination. They will ride you back to where you parked as well.

2  Thank ghostinthestudio
Reviewed July 26, 2017

We wanted to check it out. However it was closed to tubing or swimming due to bacteria. The start off area was pretty and clear but we drove down to the end of the event where you get out and it was murky brown water. That was enough to tell me I did not want to tube there.

2  Thank Janice K