- No recommendation by the employees for equipment that is crucial to completing the trip such as paddles
- Company states it is not a rescue group, nor will they come get you for any reason
- There are no employees that work the drop off location - they leave immediately after giving you the rental floats, canoes or kayaks - within 5 minutes of being dropped off all employees left this location leaving us stranded
- Spring Creek Route (which the company states takes 3 to 4 hours to float is not realistic - it took us 5 hours to paddle not float this route) has no water in numerous locations, low water levels means little water flow (no water to push you), tons of organic matter and trash blocking the route which you must navigate around, limestone formations which are impossible to pass without pulling your float or canoe over them (be careful this is dangerous) - THE COMPANY DOES NOT TELL YOU ANY OF THIS
- Employees will hand you toy paddles, roughly 20 inches long, stating it is only needed to keep your floats out of low trees and bushes - THIS IS NOT TRUE - since the water levels are so low and little current, you will have to paddle the entire way even in floats. (We were only provided with one toy paddle because the employee stated only the Seadoo float , the 2 passenger float, would require one. The one person float, the other float we had, would not need a paddle. - Again this is a LIE, every float will need a REAL paddle not a toy paddle)
- The Bear Paw group will not come get you or anyone in your party for any reason once you are dropped off at the starting location for the trip
- The Bear Paw group will not come get you or anyone in your party if the weather gets bad - while during the last 40 minutes of our "floating" trip a terrible lightening storm popped up. This was ground lightening, it struck so close to our location that we could see the fire ball and smell burning.
- The office staff is very rude. Upon returning to the Bear Paw office to drop off the rental equipment and get our truck, no one was around to verify that we returned the equipment. When I walked in the rain to return the cooler we borrowed there was a young woman standing under the porch texting on her phone. She never looked up nor did she go inside the office. I placed the cooler on the desk and walked out - just before leaving the porch I asked the girl if she worked there - her response, "UMM, Yes" I told her we left the 2 floats on the ramp and the cooler on the desk and her only response was, "ok". She did not verify us or act like she cared.
- We spent $70 in rental fees for 2 floats to be tortured for 5 hours on a creek with no water
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR DAY HERE!
If you are interested in a beautiful, relaxing day of canoeing or kayaking, drive down to Wakulla Springs, near Tallahassee, Florida. Visit a wonderful group of people at, T-N-T Hideway - they will rent you your canoes and kayaks - then all you have to do is enjoy the beautiful springs (we have even seen manatee here). And I promise you won't have to pull or push your canoe/kayak down this body of water.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.