“Terrible”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
cocoa beach, Fl
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

There may be worse places in Marianna. But I think you would be hard pressed to find one.. The room smelled bad. The sheets and blanket were so stained, that my wife refused to stay. We're traveling with our dog, and this place was recommended as "dog friendly". I don't think I could feel good about making him stay the night there...

Room Tip: If you're traveling with pets check out the Microtel just down the street
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chirag S, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Marianna, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello higginsthewonderdog. First of all, thank you for the review. When a guest is unhappy, we are unhappy. All bedding items have been replaced as we are going through renovations. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com so we can work something out for you and your pet(s). We hope you give us another shot.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Checked in Late in the evening...Front Desk Gentleman Most accommodating. Room 108 clean and in good working order. Appreciated the extra amenities (Fridge and Microwave) considering the price. I've been in more pricier places with less conveniences. Management should be commended for all the upgrades in progress. Shows a committment to provide good customer service. Personal appreciation to Mr. and Mrs. Shah (General Managers) for their kindness and courtesy. I will definitely stay again when in the area.

Thankyou....Dan Gramer

Room Tip: Easy on and Easy off or Interstate 10
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Dan Gramer for the kind review! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Come back and stay wit us!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

very nice hotel had place to park the rig had a elvelotar to go to 2 floor we liked it since we had stayed in other super 8 in il miss tenn and they all were not up to par we even found a pizza place to del the big d i will come here again when im in panhandle .it was quiet also liked that

Room Tip: try to get in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chirag S, Director of Sales at Super 8 Marianna, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thanks for the great review grasonmark! Let us know when you are back this way. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped here for an evening to rest up for the last leg of my trip.
Staff was friendly, although, the room, while it was like any typical hotel room, I did notice a small roach crawling across the crapet. I immediately disposed of it, BUT did NOT tell my girlfriend cause she would have freaked! Anyways, after checking on the remainder of the room and most importantly, the bed,.....it appears that it may have been the only one around. At least within sight!!!
The motel sits in a prime spot as we simply walked to the neighboring Sonny's BBQ restaurant next door. Well, not quite next door, cause there was a Taco Bell (I think) next door. Point is,...there are a bunch of restaurants where the motel is located.

On a bright side, the complimentray breakfast they serve is awesome!!!!! The had 2 different types of cereal. They had oatmeal,..and they even had waffles. That was freakini' awesome. I mean, maybe some people are aware of this, but this was my first rodeo when it came to the setup they had. You take a small cup and fill it with batter which is already made and just pour the entire cup into the waffle iron. You shut it, turn it over and in about 2-3 min,...you have a perfect waffle. And it tasted great! They also have OJ and coffee, obviously. But,...it definitely made the morning a much brighter one. And while you ate, you could sit in the lobby and just watch the news to get you ready for the day.
Now, we did not utilize the pool, but there is one there. It's pretty small, but a place to cool off if given the opportunity. There's even a handicapped chair, that swivels into the pool for those that need the extra help. Pretty nifty I think!
Anyways, I think that's enough. Would I stay at this motel again,....? Hmmm,...i don't know,..cause I'd hate to revisit it, and find another roach, cause whiel I realize they're around, I'd hate for my GF to see them. If I needed a p[lace to stop, sure, but if given another decent option, I might consider a different place.
BUT,......I would surely miss that breakfast if I didn't stop there! :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jmccluskey! My name is Chirag Shah and I am the Director of Sales/Marketing here at the Super 8 Marianna. First of all, thanks for the review! We really appreciate our guests writing about their experiences. We are in the process of doing an entire facility renovation. Please give us another shot by recapturing your business. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com. Thanks!
Panama City
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My room was great and the front desk person was very polite. The oonly problem with my stay was that the shower had no water pressure at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hello Tara M! Thanks for taking time to write us a review. We have already fixed all our shower heads so the pressure is just right for everyone. Hope to see you again so we recapture your business.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place was just a convenient stopping point. We arrived rather late and all we wanted was a clean room, quiet and a comfortable bed and got none of them. The bed had only two pillows. Usually pillows are over kill, but just two? And it was late, but we called and no one answered, so we had to make do. Odd that there was also a very large table but only one chair in the room. It was not very clean and so way over priced for a Super 8! By pass this one and go to one of the competitors. More reasonably priced and much better level of service and accommodations. Maybe you would do better to add more pillows to help drown out how noisy it is here right by the road.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the road. It leads to a Walmart and is very busy wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wohali50
Hello Wohali50! My name is Chirag Shah and I am the Director of Sales/Marketing of Super 8 Marianna. Thanks for writing your review on you stay! I have already took your review into action by retraining all my housekeepers and ordering more pillows to where we will start having four on each bed. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com so I can recapture your business. Thanks!

Travelers are raving about these Marianna hotels