“Decent place to stop.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
Dunedin, Florida
“Decent place to stop.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped here for an evening to rest up for the last leg of my trip.
Staff was friendly, although, the room, while it was like any typical hotel room, I did notice a small roach crawling across the crapet. I immediately disposed of it, BUT did NOT tell my girlfriend cause she would have freaked! Anyways, after checking on the remainder of the room and most importantly, the bed,.....it appears that it may have been the only one around. At least within sight!!!
The motel sits in a prime spot as we simply walked to the neighboring Sonny's BBQ restaurant next door. Well, not quite next door, cause there was a Taco Bell (I think) next door. Point is,...there are a bunch of restaurants where the motel is located.

On a bright side, the complimentray breakfast they serve is awesome!!!!! The had 2 different types of cereal. They had oatmeal,..and they even had waffles. That was freakini' awesome. I mean, maybe some people are aware of this, but this was my first rodeo when it came to the setup they had. You take a small cup and fill it with batter which is already made and just pour the entire cup into the waffle iron. You shut it, turn it over and in about 2-3 min,...you have a perfect waffle. And it tasted great! They also have OJ and coffee, obviously. But,...it definitely made the morning a much brighter one. And while you ate, you could sit in the lobby and just watch the news to get you ready for the day.
Now, we did not utilize the pool, but there is one there. It's pretty small, but a place to cool off if given the opportunity. There's even a handicapped chair, that swivels into the pool for those that need the extra help. Pretty nifty I think!
Anyways, I think that's enough. Would I stay at this motel again,....? Hmmm,...i don't know,..cause I'd hate to revisit it, and find another roach, cause whiel I realize they're around, I'd hate for my GF to see them. If I needed a p[lace to stop, sure, but if given another decent option, I might consider a different place.
BUT,......I would surely miss that breakfast if I didn't stop there! :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chirag S, Director of Sales at Super 8 Marianna, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hello Jmccluskey! My name is Chirag Shah and I am the Director of Sales/Marketing here at the Super 8 Marianna. First of all, thanks for the review! We really appreciate our guests writing about their experiences. We are in the process of doing an entire facility renovation. Please give us another shot by recapturing your business. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Panama City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My room was great and the front desk person was very polite. The oonly problem with my stay was that the shower had no water pressure at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hello Tara M! Thanks for taking time to write us a review. We have already fixed all our shower heads so the pressure is just right for everyone. Hope to see you again so we recapture your business.
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This place was just a convenient stopping point. We arrived rather late and all we wanted was a clean room, quiet and a comfortable bed and got none of them. The bed had only two pillows. Usually pillows are over kill, but just two? And it was late, but we called and no one answered, so we had to make do. Odd that there was also a very large table but only one chair in the room. It was not very clean and so way over priced for a Super 8! By pass this one and go to one of the competitors. More reasonably priced and much better level of service and accommodations. Maybe you would do better to add more pillows to help drown out how noisy it is here right by the road.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the road. It leads to a Walmart and is very busy wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wohali50
Hello Wohali50! My name is Chirag Shah and I am the Director of Sales/Marketing of Super 8 Marianna. Thanks for writing your review on you stay! I have already took your review into action by retraining all my housekeepers and ordering more pillows to where we will start having four on each bed. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com so I can recapture your business. Thanks!
Arnaudville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The 2nd room was a very nice room. I would recommend putting up a privacy
door between bathroom sink area sleeping area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hello Joseph A! Thanks for the review! We are actually under renovations and will take the privacy door into consideration. Great idea! Please come back and stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 12 in Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley

Been to Super 8 Marianna? Share your experiences!