“Smoky non-smoking rooms”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
Lafayette, Indiana
“Smoky non-smoking rooms”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Non-smoking room reeked of cigarettes. Cigarette burns in carpet and furniture. Shower did not work. So I got all smoky and could not clean up. Management was unhelpful. Do not stay here.
I called front desk to complain of smoke, and he said, "I can not help it if people smoke in non-smoking rooms." Apparently, they will not clean the room either.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher4343
Chirag S, General Manager at Super 8 Marianna, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello Christopher4343! My name is Chirag Shah and I am the new General Manager of the Super 8 here in Marianna, Florida. After seeing your review, the first thing I want to do is give you a sincere apology for the inconvenience you had to deal with during your stay. Our front desk talent should of shown more empathy towards you, our non-smoking room should of been as indicated, and our rooms should of been perfect. I will give you my word that all of this will be changed during my tenure here. I really value your feedback. This will help me make my property improve. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel appeared to be clean at first until i pulled the sheet back and found a hair in the bed which i tried to disregard since it did look like the bedding had been washed??? I then went into the restroom later that night and seen a german roach running across the floor after I turned the light on!!! Freaked me out. I hope I dont carry any of these out in my luggage!!! This is the worst...I hate those things. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Chirag S, General Manager at Super 8 Marianna, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Ms. LaurieV! My name is Chirag Shah and I am the new General Manager of the Super 8 here in Marianna, Florida. I am deeply sorry of the inconveniences you had to deal with during your stay. I will give you my word that these problems will be taken care for all future guests. My housekeeping will be better trained and all of our rooms will be completely renovated. I really appreciate your feedback because it will help me make my property better. Please email me at super8marianna@gmail.com.
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Checked in for one night. I like the cleaninness of the motel. I was not dissapointed when I walked into my room. The room was recently upgraded with a comfortable bed, flat panel Tv's and smelled crispy clean. What I liked even better was the delicious waffles, complimentary breakfast, I definitevly WILL stay again kind of stay,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much Mr. Carlos G for your kind words! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever back this way, please come back and stay with us! ~General Manager Chirag Shah
Pinellas Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Thanks for a nice overnight stay. the motel was very clean and comfortable. Mr & Mrs Shah owners where very friendly and helpful ..
(what ever you do DO NOT Stay at the days end )across the street it was very bad old furniture door did not lock. was bitten by ants at nite called reported the motel to head corp. did not do any thing

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MINNESOTA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the outside, it looks normal. You walk into the office and you are now in a little 6 x 6' space with a thick plastic window between you and the desk person and the breakfast room is to your right behind a locked door with a window. The size of the breakfast room is about 10 x 10'. This is right off the interstate and is not a scary area at all. So you register and go to your room. The bathroom ceiling has been repaired from a substantial leak upstairs. The new plaster has been dripped down the sides of the wall paper with no effort to clean it up. The patch, which is half the ceiling, does not match the original ceiling. The drain in the shower barely drains. You get only 2 towels, completely thread bare and unraveling along the edges. There are bugs trapped behind the plastic corner guards on the walls. The carpet is stained. The bedspread is badly stained on the underside. And the room stinks. I'll stop now because you get the picture. Where is The Super 8 Standards of Quality Inspector? This place was so obviously cutting corners every way they could. They sure didn't pass these savings onto the guest.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. There were several very close by.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Marianna hotels