“Very Happy”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Marianna
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We have been travelling around Florida and Georgia forour family vacation and have had the opportunity to stay at lots of hotels along the way. Some great, some not so great. This one was one of the better ones thus far... When I say this, please don't expect the Ritz Carlton, but for a good, clean, affordable stay, I think this was great. The beds were soft, the pillows plentiful, and therewas no nasty bedspread typical of hotels in the area. Instead, there were clean white linens on our beds. The front desk clerk was very helpful and offered us different options which helped us save money during our stay. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. The rooms were very pleasant and our family
enjoyed our stay. I can't tell you about the amenities since we did not use them, but as far as the hotel, our experience was very favorable.

Side note: ignore any typos, I sent this from my phone. :)

Reviewed July 18, 2010

I just want to say the Atmosphere, the staff, the rooms were excellent. I truly believe that this is the best motel I have stayed in, in a very long time. I definitely will look for a Microtel Inn and Suites on my next trip. The Staff were very very friendly. I dont think I have ever stayed in a motel with free long distance as well as free local calls. I would reccomend this motel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2010

These hotels are independently owned and oh boy does it show. This location has 1 employee doing 3 jobs. The breakfast is a joke. Watered down coffee, watered down juice, nothing but cerial and oatmeal. I came to breakfast 5 minutes late and the girl was literally grabbing things out of my hand so she could go back to her front desk/maid/telephone operator duties. Room was dirty, pillows gave me a headache.........way too thick and hard as a rock...........bring your own pillows for this place, When will owners learn that we know CHEAP and won't return! Inteernet is a joke, like dial up.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank villiusTampa
gmmarrianna, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. Our desire is to meet or exceed each of our guest’s expectations and I sincerely apologize for our failure to do that for you. We take guest feedback very seriously and based on yours and that of other guests , we are evaluating the brands of coffee and juice we use and have recently added two hot items to our breakfast selections although that is not a standard of the Microtel brand. We are also reviewing our staffing level during the breakfast period . We recognize how important cleanliness is to our guests and one of our policies is for each room to be inspected by a supervisor or manager prior to being rented and I am investigating why this process failed to produce the level of cleanliness we expect. Softer and feather pillows are available upon guest request and I am sorry you were not made aware of that. Lastly, we have just invested in an upgrade for our free internet service to meet the additional usage we are seeing from guests.

Your experience is certainly not the one we pride ourselves on and we hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust. If you are back in our area, I invite you to call me personally to assist you with your accommodations.

Lisa Goff
850-526-5005

Reviewed April 22, 2009

Stayed one night at this Microtel. The staff was nice. The hotel is not fancy, but was clean and appeared to be well maintained. Wireless internet was a bonus at this price point. Recommend for a good place to spend the night. Decent restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I have only stayed in about 10 Microtels so far and this was one the better ones I have stayed in.
The room was $64.67 (including tax) and seemed to be priced about right.
The room itself was typical size for this chain. The main difference between this property and most of the other ones I have stayed at is...this one was clean and well maintained.
Generally speaking I'm not too keen on this chain usually. This property however is in good shape. I have always liked the little 'bench' they have by the window. This property has changed over to the new bedding that hopefully will become chain wide.
If my room is indicative of all the rooms here then I would have no problems recommending this property to all types of travellers.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 18, 2008

My son played in a baseball tournament in Chipley Florida. Theres really not that many hotels to choose from in Chipley. I started weeks ahead of time trying to book rooms. The hotels I called in Chipley acted like it was too much trouble to give me a quote. Not to mention they jacked up their prices due to the tournament. So I looked around on the internet to find hotels nearby. I found wonderful reviews about Microtel Inn & Suites in Marianna. I gave the hotel a call. I was very pleased with the great customer service and the wonderful price the young lady quoted me. I booked our rooms right away. I'm so glad we stayed here at this hotel. We had a great stay. The boys when not playing ball enjoyed time in the pool. All the employees were great to us. I see why this hotel is ranked number 1 on trip advisor. Anytime that I'm back in the area I will most definately go back to the Microtel.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 19, 2008

After our lovely stay at the excellent Microtel in Kingsland GA we were all set to stay in another one further down the road.

Here at Marianna we were able to look into a crystal ball and see the future of Microtels.

First off, the slow check-in gave me time to spot an aerial photo of the hotel when it had been first built, in what looked to be a field. These days it has another motel for a neighbour and a restaurant, so it has been around awhile. And not ageing gracefully...

Unlike the one in Kingsland, this Microtel has losts its gleam. The carpets were a tad dingy and the decor out of date. That's the problem with this chain, they don't seem to spend much money on the buildings themselves or their upkeep. They also seem to have very few staff, which made check-in even slower for me and the others waiting.

This Microtel didn't have a PC for internet access. I don't recall a fridge or microwave being in the room. Otherwise it had the same TV sitting at a high, wonky angle plus a washer/dryer in the hall. And thin walls.

Things like worn carpets and unfashionable paint jobs are easily redone, but thin walls can't be made any thicker. It made we wonder if maybe in another 5 or 10 years the whole chain is going to have a reputation for its shabbily built 'no-tell' motels??

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Days Inn Marianna
#7 of 13 in Marianna
22 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna? Share your experiences!