“GREAT PLACE GREAT PEOPLE”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Marianna
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We were in marianna fl on sept 19th and 20th.It was our last stop on a 2 week motorcycle trip and we arrived very early for our check in. The hotel had been full the night before because of a FSU home football game. the young lady at the front desk so we were desperate, and she jumped into action to get house keeping to clean a room for us so we could clean up unload the bike and go visit our grandchildren. Hotel was very clean and very secure, the breakfast was fantastic, and everyone we dealt with was just a pleasant personality. we highly recomend this microtell and we will definately go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
MariannaGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thank you so much for a GREAT review. We do our best to give all of our guest special attention. I am so pleased that we made your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you again, and we hope you had a wonderful road trip.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hallway stank of cigarette smoke, though the room was non-smoking, which meant the room stank of something else - perhaps just dampness, but still. The room was small - the smallest motel room I've seen in quite a while outside of Europe, and there was no charm whatsoever. The bathroom had only soap - no shampoo or lotion, etc. The clerk had 2 huge holes in the knees of her jeans, very unprofessional, though she was polite and I had no problems checking in or out. I thought since I was there for one night only I'd pay a little less for this hotel and skip the slightly higher priced ones. That was a mistake. I think I would have slept much better in a higher quality more spacious place where I had more confidence the sheets had been changed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

I am so sorry you had this type of experience at my hotel. I am sure if you would have let the front desk know we would have done everything possible to make sure you had a Great stay. I hope you will contact me, I want all of my guest to have a WOW experience and again, I am very sorry we did not give you that.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a one night stay. The lobby does not represent the quality of the room. We enjoyed a spacious 2 queen room with exceptional lighting. The TV was near the ceiling on a shelf which made extended viewing difficult. The room was clean, the AC worked well, and the beds were very comfortable. It was very easy to hear kids running down the hallway, but we did not hear our neighbors. The internet access was very slow. The continental breakfast was adequate with good variety.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very pleased that you took advantage of our dream well bedding, It is very comfortable!!! If we can be of further assistance please let us know we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I don't know why this hotel has such good reviews. We only stayed in a room for one night halfway through a road trip and that was quite enough. The floor (carpeted) was damp, and it stayed damp. I don't know if they treated it or what, but it felt grimy and made my bare feet sticky, so I had to wear my flip-flops around the room. The bathroom floor was also dirty. I just felt like it wasn't a $70 a night hotel, more like $40-50 a night. You don't get what you pay for, which irritates me.
On the bright side, the beds were really comfortable and the sheets very soft.
I wasn't expecting a Four Seasons suite, but I expect at least cleanliness for $70 a night. You'd be better off somewhere else, methinks.

Room Tip: If your hotel floor is dirty, complain immediately and ask to be moved to a different room, do not e...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
MariannaGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We always strive to make our guests stay a pleasurable one and regret that we fell short in meeting your expectations. Based on the comment provided, it seems that we could’ve improved your stay if the issue had been brought to my attention. We definitely would have provided you with an alternate room that met your satisfaction.

I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay and am glad that you were able to sleep well with our Dream Well Bedding.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I've stayed at much nicer hotels for the money. It is conveniently located off the highway, but maybe a little too convenient as there is not much in this area and I saw a homeless person wandering the parking lot looking for unlocked cars. The rooms are small and the breakfast area is almost non-existent. The outdoor pool is across the parking lot and there is no fitness center. The air-conditioning barely works and doesn't reach the entire room. The bathroom light takes several minutes to light, so you have the depressing strobe affect going on until it kicks in. There are other hotels in the area if you are stopping here for a night and I would stay at one of those.

• Stayed: August 2011
MariannaGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are always listening to our guest comments and suggestions, as we want to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. I am sorry you had some difficulties with your room and regret that we were not able to meet your expectations.

We are currently working on room upgrades, including some of the items that you mentioned. And are always updating our priorities based on guest feedback.

We hope that you will stop in the future and stay with us again as we hope to have some of these issues resolved. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

In many ways this is a typical Microtel. The overall appearance of public areas is typical of the chain. All staff we met in a one night stay were very friendly and helpful. Our room was large with two queen beds and the bedding was beyond our expectations - a pleasant surprise. Each bed even had 3 full size pillows! Although the place is only 4 years old it is beginning to show it's age. Fabrics in the room other than bedding were looking tired and frayed. The carpeting looked particularly old, worn, and dirty. The bathroom was generally satisfactory and the shower was outstanding in water pressure, temperature, and drain. The room HVAC system was very annoying on hi speed with a "duh,duh,duh,duh" noise that only went away when changed to low. Breakfast area was small with standard food selection. Overall this is a great value in an economy type hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2011
MariannaGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you so much for your review. I like your review and your honesty. We are actually 11 years old and we are planning on upgrading things like the carpet. We have upgraded our mattresses, and we have also upgraded to flat panel televisions in all rooms. We are very proud of our property and we are glad you were comfortable, and enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we can be of service to you again soon, Thank you for choosing Microtel in Marianna!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The room was you paid for. Decent anc cheap. However the highlight of the hotel was the Night clerk, Renee (Renae).

She was fantastic and extremly helpful. All your employees should be like her.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
MariannaGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Thank you for your review. Renae will love seeing her name on Trip Advisor. She is a great person to work with and she is a joy to be around. I am glad she made your stay more pleasant. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Super 8 Marianna
Super 8 Marianna
#6 of 13 in Marianna

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marianna? Share your experiences!