“Caves and caverns”

Florida Caverns State Park
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Marianna
More attraction details
Owner description: A cave complete with rock formations and bats.
Calgary
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Caves and caverns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We spent a very informative and fun couple of hours (we were on a road trip) to stop and take the tour of these magnificent caves. As we were limited by time, we toured with 20 young home schooled students so it was lively and high energy. The Park Naturalist was wonderful with the children and adults alike (don't brush against the side of the cave wall or your pants will be stained for life!) The museum above the gift shop is a must see before entering to the caves. An amazing value at $8 / adult.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SjNM123

Sammamish, Washington
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Gorgeous mystic park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Florida Caverns SP is just fascinating! Not only the beautiful formations in the caverns (not as big/impressive as Luray in Virginia, for example; however, great to see) but the wondeful mystic forest that is above them!! The sinuous trails let you see some great rock formations, nice flowers, swamp areas and enormous beautiful trees. Both sides of the road to get to Marianna are covered with woods so, the journey itself to get there is worth it! Friendly park rangers are well-informed and ready to answer questions regarding the caverns. A must in the area. Highly recommended!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Angela_Travelers
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“You better get there before they open.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The family and I drove from four hours away to see the caves but were disappointed because the cave tour was sold out. We got there at 10:00 am on a Monday and that was too late. It broke my four year-olds heart. Thanks florida caverns for ruining the day.

6 Thank FAMILYFIRST1113
Winter Haven
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful Camping Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just finished a weekend camping trip here and it was awesome. Now I always write these reviews as a camper so here goes: The campsites are really nice. They have a dump hole...ok, I don't know the technical word but it's where you can put your hose for your gray water so no buckets (yea!)! The ground surface is hard packed dirt (almost clay) that is light colored so it felt "cleaner" than when you have a loose dark dirt surface. The bathrooms were spotless and the showers actually had an outer door instead of curtain so that was awesome! Also, it was cool when we went and it felt like the bathroom was heated...again, awesome! The campsites are 3 miles from the entrance so you're definitely back "in the woods". The caverns were so great and our guide was really knowledgeable. Now, I am claustrophobic but I was able to navigate the cavern tour with no problem. There are some narrow spots but, if you are claustrophobic, I'd just suggest staying at the back of the group so you can wait until the group goes through the tight spots. Then you can whiz through unhindered...the tight passages always open up to an open space. I just didn't want to get stuck in a narrow passage with 3 people in front of me and 3 people behind me. Now the ONLY negative....the mosquitos where TERRIBLE!!! However, according to the locals at the Milk and Honey frozen yogurt place (which I'd HIGHLY recommend...take a right out of the caverns and it's down about 10 minutes on your right) it was because the Chipola River recently flooded and left a lot of standing water. I mean driving into the park it was like we were in a swamp....but I guess that's not totally normal. So, the mosquito thing may have just been a fluke for us. Just go prepared! And, lastly, if you are camping there for a couple of days definitely go 30 minutes up the road and see Falling Waters State Park...but call first and make sure the falls are flowing. They were for us and they were so cool!

Visited March 2013
5 Thank Michelle F
Headland, Alabama, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“really nice place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

it is an amazing place not as big as some of the caverns in the US but just as beautiful a lot to see here price is fair and facilities good and clean and ran well

8 Thank ebelflower