“"Average hotel, clean, but staff was not helpful!"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Marianna
Fairhope, Alabama
“"Average hotel, clean, but staff was not helpful!"”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel was one of the best for the area, I suppose. The rooms were average and the beds were not really comfortable. We rented two rooms, one for my husband and I and one for my children. One of my children spilled something on one of the two queen beds. She called the front desk for additional sheets and comforter. They only brought up a set of sheets so they both ended up sleeping in the same bed. That was not a big deal but when you have two beds, it is a shame to have to sleep cramped up in the same bed. I expected more in the way of service and friendliness of the staff since many of the reviews discuss this as a strength of staying at this hotel. Also, I requested connecting rooms when I made the reservation a few months in advance. When we arrived, the girl at the front desk told me that there were not any connecting rooms available. Then she said that they were expecting 45 more guests to arrive that evening...I cannot understand why my request was not granted??? Poor customer service!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was really impressed with the quality and cleanliness of our room. When I checked in I was given a free upgrade to a suite probably because I am a Marriott rewards member. The size and decor of the room really blew me away. It was a two room suite with a sitting room with sofa and television plus a separate bedroom with its television.

I had just stayed at the Beach Club villas in Disney World and this suite was much bigger and nicer than the one in Disney. Amazing. Plus there was the free breakfast. The nearby dinner options included a Ruby Tuesdays and Piazza Hut. Definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Queensbury, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Very clean. Maintained like new. Staff was attentive and friendly. Great price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We arrived at the hotel late and left early the next morning, but our stay was pleasant. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the facility looks new. The breakfast was good with waffles, fresh fruit available and the regular continental fare.

We will stay here again if the occassion presents itself.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Henrietta, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Hotel was clean. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices. We will stay here again! We will not stay just anywhere. This was a good choice. Newer hotel.

Room Tip: stay here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Robbinaven
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was a clean place to stay with a very nice staff. The only issue that I had was with the printer that they had in the business center that wasn't working.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Alabama
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is a great hotel. It's nice and clean and the staff is courteous. Might be time to consider a towel replacement as I found a few of the face towels a bit thread bare. Price is reasonable for the area. Plenty of parking, flat screen TV and mini-fridge in the room. Good place for a business traveler or someone who is just passing through. I'd stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank shauste
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Marianna
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
Super 8 Marianna
Super 8 Marianna
#5 of 12 in Marianna

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Marianna? Share your experiences!