We've traveled with my wife for a whole week in Donegal and were on our way back to Dublin. We decided to visit Clonmacnoise at our last day and just stay somewhere for a night. We've just drived in a yard of the B&B and knocked the door to get a bed and some rest before the last drive. Instead we've got a warm family greeting, best tea ever, homemade pie, nice conversation. John, Kate and Cora have tanked us fully with energy on those rainy days.
Thank you! We would never forget our stay in the heart of Ireland!
With warm greetings,
Alex & Lena
P.S. Just to add some technical details for other travelers:
- only few km from Clonmacnoise: great opportunity to go there before tourist buses arrive to enjoy few quite minutes there.
- very clean, warm and dry: that is essential if you hike in Ireland ;)
- ~5 km from Schannonbridge: small nice village with a peace of history.
- very quite and peaceful nature around, nice place to get some rest after and in-between of exciting Ireland exploration.
Thanks once again! We'll definitely return one day :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cosy, friendly and homely B&B recommended by Lonely Planet, Let's Go, Le Guide de Routard, Rough Guide and ADAC. Centre of Ireland location, overlooking the beautiful River Shannon, two minutes from historical settlement of Clonmacnoise. Full Irish breakfast and homemade scones and tea on arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Kajon House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.