The Surf Club of Marco
$299
Marriott's Crystal Shores(Marco Island)
$629
$509
$398
$344
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Marco Island Lakeside Inn(Marco Island)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
$64
$79
The Boat House Motel(Marco Island)
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsshuffle boardhot tubtennis courtsliving roomcocktail partybeachfront condoacross the streethilton hotelhome away from homecollier blvdrooms endingtop floorrestaurants within walking distanceeasy access to the beachbeach towelsgarden viewgulf waters
Reviewed December 20, 2013

As southeast Florida residents, we enjoy going to the Surf Club in Marco Island since it is not too far from our home specially if you have elderly parents. We fell in love with the resort, and bought not one but two timeshares, one on the third floor with a balcony that wraps around during the month of July and one on the eight floor during the month of September and both of them face the Gulf. During our stays, we make it a point to walk early in the mornings and watch the sunsets every day. No need to go to the Caribbean, specially CUBA. The staff is super nice, and they really do care about their owners and guests. Once you visit, you will be back for more.

Room Tip: Ask for Gulf front units, they are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank MarcoIslandlovers
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I used points from my Fiesta Americana time-share for three nights in a 2-bedroom/2-bath unit at the Surf Club. The facility is part of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club, but this isn't obvious when driving up, so initially we weren't sure if our GPS had misdirected us. While the property wasn't plush, the rooms were large, clean and in good condition. Our 7th floor room faced directly out at the quiet pristine beach (a huge benefit). They have a pool and two shuffleboard courts on the property along with Weber grills (which we didn't use). While food isn't available at the Surf Club, there are a number of good restaurants within walking distance. The surrounding neighborhood is very nice and more upscale than I was expecting. We had never been to Marco Island before and were pleased enough to put it on our list for a return visit. Note that it's about an hour ride from the Fort Myers airport.

Room Tip: Absolutely choose a beach-facing room if available. Not sure if we'd have been nearly as pleased if our room didn't look out on the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JLTP
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I cannot believe I didn't write a review after our visit last year...I think I was so surprised at how great it was I didn't know where to start. My parents bought into the Surf Club in the beginning - got a top notch / top floor room and they went every year - usually for 2 / sometimes 3 weeks. They loved it so much. I went a bunch of times but I was younger - college age- and bored. I remember being cold and bored. So last year when I was asked to go in place of my parents to take care of business - I really was not looking forward to it. WOW DID I CHANGE MY MIND!!!! I just booked our tickets to go back in January! The unit is very large / master bedroom big, comfy beds, clean everything! Totally impressed. Used yelp and trip advisor to find some local restaurants..yum! We swam in the pool every day - ran on the beach - sat in the hot tub and sat on our deck with a PERFECT view of the sunset every night. I will post pics soon from last year and will update after this year but I've done a complete 180 on my thoughts of coming here. It's perfect for relaxing. There isnt a better beach or better view to the water. Can't wait for next month!

Room Tip: No restaurants or room service. Call the Surf Club direct and ask for places people may put up for rent. Top floor is where are unit is and I think it's probably the best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaraCKTaylor
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The kitchen, living room and bedrooms in our two bedroom unit were spacious and nicely furnished and it appeared the kitchen had been updated. Our lanai was particularly large and wrapped around two sides of our unit and could be accessed from the master bedroom and living room. Large flat screen TVs were provided in both bedrooms and the living room. A nice selection of dishes, glasses and pot and pans were provided. The building was generally very quiet, the pool area was well maintained and there was easy access to the beach with great views of the sunset.

Room Tip: Be aware there is a room or two on each floor which primarily face the Hilton Hotel next door. There is a significant distance between the properties and we could see the ocean from our lanai but it was not the classic beach/ocean view some travelers may be desire.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brad P
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Clean. Nice furnishings. 2 Bedroom (1 King; 1 w/twin beds). 2 Bathrooms. Full kitchen. Dining and living room. Corner room has wrap around balcony. Enjoyed sitting on balcony for morning coffee and evening glass of wine. Views of ocean/beach are spectacular! Staff here are friendly and accomodating. I like having washer and dryer in the unit. This place has coin operated w&d on each floor--really was nota problem (coin machine on first floor if needed). Nice shops and good restaurants nearby. Would visit here again.

Room Tip: Beach view corner unit has great views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family