“Good value and fun tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunshine Tours

Sunshine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Offshore fishing, backcountry fishing, island shelling, sightseeing, lunch & sunset dinner cruises. Private and shared charters for our fishing charters. Public, corporate, private and weddings on our Dinner Cruise Boat. Open 7 - 7 Daily, year round. Look for the "Chickee Hut" at the Marco River Marina.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Toms River, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good value and fun tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Did a recent back country fishing trip with sunshine. Booking, etc was easy and relatively inexpensive. We had Captain Rick and I don't know if he was cranky or he's usually salty, but we would have enjoyed the trip more if he was more pleasant. 3 hours of how good he is at fishing and how bad we were. Thank you Captain Obvious, that's why we wanted this type of fishing cruise...to get the help and pointers. Might check out other charters next time or request not to have cpt Rick.

Johnston, Iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Smiling with Sunshine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My son and I did a half-day fishing trip with Capt. Chris yesterday and had a blast. He clearly knows his stuff -- where to go, what to use for bait, how to handle people of all ages and experience levels. As a whole, I found everyone I dealt with at Sunshine Tours to be very friendly, helpful and focused on customer service. While there are lots of fishing excursion choices on Marco Island, you sure can't go wrong with Sunshine Tours! Book 'em!

Yonkers, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH ANYBODY ELSE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I just returned from a FANTASTIC 3 days of fishing with Sunshine Tours!!! i went out with Capts. Chris and Dan. The first 2 days we caught a bunch of snapper and grouper, enough to feed a restaurant!!! The 3rd day with Capt. Dan was the ULTIMATE day!! After the whole boat caught our fill of smaller fish, Dan said "you guys wanna go after something bigger?" Dan went to one of his favorite spots and within minutes, the pole bent and the reel was screaming, After a long fight, I caught and released a "Monster" Goliath Grouper. this thing was HUGE!!! I say I caught it, but I could never have caught it without Capt. Dans help. That man worked his butt off to help me catch that fish. I have gone on a lot of charters over the years and nobody has EVER gone to the extent that Dan did for me to catch my "bucket list" fish. I gave these guys a 5 star review only because there was no 6th star. Don't waste your time and money with anybody else, Sunshine Tours are the people you want to go with!!! Thanks again Chris and Dan!!!

4 Thank eamonn g
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Enjoyable 3 hour fishing tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were with Captain Rick on a pontoon boat. It was a fishing tour and Sunshine tours provides all equipment and bait. There were two small children on board which made the trip a little less enjoyable but the Captain was patient with them, even when one of them dropped the reel overboard. Luckily they were able to retrieve it, but it would have to be completely taken apart, cleaned and oiled. We didn't catch a lot of fish, but we did get some interesting ones. I caught a bonnet shark. One passenger caught a big red fish which put up a terrific fight. They had to release him because he was over the limit. I was more interested in sight seeing than fishing and it was a very nice ride. I am very sensitive to motion, but I took my dramamine and since you stay near shore I did not get queasy. It was a little pricey, but everything is in these tourist areas. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I know that we did. I was glad we went and I recommend it for anyone vacationing in the area. Captain Rick will filet your catch and nearby restaurants will cook them up for you.

Visited June 2014
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Awesome trip as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I must say that this place does not disappoint. Although we had some tough waves on our offshore trip and a slack tide on the backwater, we still came home with a cooler full of fish! Way to go Captain Chris and Captain Rick!