“Ahoy!”
Review of Sunshine Tours

Sunshine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Offshore fishing, backcountry fishing, island shelling, sightseeing, lunch & sunset dinner cruises. Private and shared charters for our fishing charters. Public, corporate, private and weddings on our Dinner Cruise Boat. Open 7 - 7 Daily, year round. Look for the "Chickee Hut" at the Marco River Marina.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went on the Sunshine Express again this year with Captain Rick. The teenagers and the adults all had a great time! We caught a few fish and had a nice afternoon on the water!

There are newer reviews for Sunshine Tours

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Captain Dan was fantastic. He keep bait on our line and was efficient in getting fish off. We caught a variety of fish. Snapper, grouper, mackerel. Definitely recommend Captain Dan on the Miss Louise 3.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had a hard time finding somewhere that took only two people for a shared charter experience- most places wanted at least a party of 4, or a lot more money! Sunshine tours got us in and we had a great time with Captain Dan, at only 105 dollars per person. We caught grouper, Spanish mackerel, and red snapper. Definitely worth it once we got home and fried the fish up! Would go again for sure- no complaints.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I chartered the Miss Louise for a half day fishing trip for my two sons and myself. Everything started well, and we were catching a variety of bottom fish. The guide set up a couple of rods for bigger fish, and when these rods got a strike from a bigger fish, he would land the fish himself. Not my idea of how a guide should be. My boys would have loved the opportunity to try and land some larger fish.

CaptRodger, Owner at Sunshine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I appreciate you sharing your experience. I would feel the same way if that had happened with me and my kids. I know your Captain was trying hard for you, sounds like he got excited and maybe carried away with reeling that fish in. Typically, that's not something we ever do, after all, it's all about your fishing experience. The good news is your captain still gets excited about catching fish! I am certain, if you had said something at the time, he would have apologized, and made sure your boys had gotten a chance of their own, even if that meant staying out longer. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future and I promise your boys will get all the opportunities possible. Of course we want you to have a great experience, and I know we can do that for you. Thanks.
Capt. Rodger

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been fishing all over the country and Captain Dan on the Miss Louise II in Marco Island is by far the best guide I have ever had the pleasure of fishing with. Outstanding and experienced fisherman! His experience made our vacation by far the best fishing trip I have ever made in 35 years of fishing.

My son and I took a trip to Marco Island on May 8-10 and could not have had more fun with Dan. He knows what he's doing and does it better than anyone I have ever seen in the job. He's very personable and passionate about not only you catching fish, but more importantly having fun.

We took two half day charters with him and caught enough fish that we could have eaten on it ourselves for a week and a half EASY. We caught red snapper, shark, drum. mackerel and several large grouper (4 of them in one day made it back to the dock!). Dan knows his spots well, doesn't stop until the boat is EXACTLY where it needs to be to catch fish. He's also very patient and easily teaches passengers how to handle the tackle.

I know that I will never take another fishing trip anywhere else as long as Capt. Dan is still in Marco Island.....!