“Fantastic Trip”
Review of Sunshine Tours

Sunshine Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Offshore fishing, backcountry fishing, island shelling, sightseeing, lunch & sunset dinner cruises. Private and shared charters for our fishing charters. Public, corporate, private and weddings on our Dinner Cruise Boat. Open 7 - 7 Daily, year round. Look for the "Chickee Hut" at the Marco River Marina.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Sussex
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We booked a half day fishing and shelling trip, and we were not disappointed. Capt Scott was really friendly, patient and helpful. None of us had fished before, but we came back with fish for lunch. I was exceedingly happy, as I didn't stop catching the whole time - even caught a stingray!

Our fish were then made ready for us to take in a bag of ice down to the Snook Inn for cooking.

My children begged to book a second trip, but unfortunately we had run out of time before returning to the UK.

I would certainly recommend Sunshine Tours. They were very helpful from the minute we enquired, right up until we left the boat yard.

Visited April 2011

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A++++ trip with Captain Chaz”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My family and I took a shelling/fishing trip with Sunshine Tours and Captain Chaz (or Steve as my son called him, because he "looks like" a Steve during our spring break. We had a wonderful time and the kids really enjoyed the fishing and the personality of Chaz. My kids are 11, 9, 5. We caught some sheephead snappers, red snappers, catfish, and even a puffer fish! Great time had by all of us! Thanks!

Visited April 2011
Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Only book your charter with Sunshine Tours if you want to CATCH FISH!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I highly recommend Sunshine Tours Marco Island for your fishing charter. The 32' Miss Louise is a fishing machine, and with Captain Rodger Parcelles at the helm you WILL catch fish. I've booked two offshore trips with them in the last 6 months and have another set for June. Whether you want Goliath Grouper action, or just nice mixed bag for the table, Sunshine Tours is the choice for offshore/nearshore and back-country fishing.

Visited October 2010
Barnegat, New Jersey
“Much better than expected”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My wife and I are visiting on our honeymoon and we thought this would be a great romantic experience, It was. The food was excellent and the staff was very accomodating. It sure does pay to go in the off season, we had only 12 people on board a ship that carries 100+. Highlight of our honeymoon!

Rochester, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“We had a blast on our 3 hour backwater fishing trip”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My family (wife and daughter (16 and 13) and I had a blast on our 3 hr backwater fishing trip. We are not fisherman in the least but had a ton of fun and caught a bunch of fish. The boat we went on held a maximum of 9 people I beleive. We had a total of 8 on board plus Captain Trent. We fished in 3 different locations. This is a good trip for the novice as the backwater areas are very calm. Captain Trent took good care of us and would bait your hook and take the fish off for your too (if you wanted). The fish we caught were mainly Whiting but we also caught a Spanish Mackerel and Red Snapper that were keepers. We also caught tons of what are called lady fish, a few catfish and even hooked a sting ray (broke the line before we could get it to the surface). Not only did we catch all these fish but we were getting hits everytime we cast our rods so it was just fun even if you did not catch the fish on any particular cast. Captain Trent cleaned all the fish for us (This is a show in itself as the pelicans crowd around him waiting for there share!) when we got back to the dock and gave us a ice filled bag of filets that we promptly took to a restaurant right down the street (The Sand Bar) and had it prepared 4 or 5 ways (fried crispy, beer batter fried, blackened, lemon pepper and grilled. They charge you about $8 a head for preparing the fish and providing side dishes. The fish was delish!! I highly recommend doing this with your family. Everyone we dealt with from Sunshine Tours was wonderful from the reservation person to the check-in to captain Trent. If we make it back to Marco again this will be on our list of things to do again!!!