“Loved Eagle's Nest”

Eagle's Nest on Marco Beach
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We booked our stay at Eagle's Nest via our Disney timeshare. The resort was absolutley wonderful - very clean and a great location right on the beach. Every person we spoke to at the resort was friendly and helpful. We booked 4 chairs and an umbrella on the beach ($160 for the week) and everyday we went outside, the chairs were already set up for us. The pool was comfortable, and it never seemed overly crowded. Of course we visited in the summer and nothing was crowded...

The only downside of the condo was that there is only a lunch counter open at the pool each day from noon to 1 pm. It only offered one lunch item (hamburgers, hot dogs, taco salad, to name a few), but it was an ok alternative to going back into your condo to make lunch. I would have liked something a little bigger, perhaps offering service on the beach.

Our girls (16 and 17) parasailed and loved it. We went to the Everglades and took an airboat tour on Capt. Doug's. We spotted 5 alligators and enjoyed the ride. There are many other things we could have done to entertain ourselves, but we just wanted to relax on the beach.

We ate breakfast every day in the condo. There is a Publix nearby and it was easier, and cheaper, than going out to breakfast. We ate lunch out only once, at Guy Harvey's. It was wonderful and if you are a transplanted Philadelphian like I am. the Philly cheesesteak was the closest to a "real one" that I have eaten in the last 8 years.
For dinner: We ate at Joey's Pizza twice, once for delicious NY style pizza and once for stombolis. Great! We ate at Mozart's for German food and it was good. Fat Pelican's sushi was the best - very fresh and beautifully prepared. We ate at Tokyo Inn for hibachi cooking - just like Benihana, ok, but I wouldn't go back. Lastly, we ate at Capt. Brien's, which was good. The mahi mahi was the best my husband has ever eaten and my daughter and I enjoyed the rare sesame tuna.
All in all, if you want a relaxing vacation, Marco Island and Eagle's Nest is perfect!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank Sandy C

Reviewed July 2, 2007

I would first like to thank "3 kidsmama" for her great review and for answering a few of my questions before my family arrived at the Eagles Nest.

Thanks to "3 kidsmama" I was able to book my front row chair/unbrella on the beach before I arrived since she told me who to call in order to get this done ahead of time. It was a busy week and if I wouldn't have called before we arrived I would have been in the 3rd row. She also informed us of the shopping area that was within walking distance of the resort were we had dinner at the Irish Pub on Father's Day.

Check in was late at night and went very well, no issues at all. Front desk staff was very nice. Our villa was a second floor 2 bedroom with a great view of the Gulf and pool area. We loved having our own little staircase that put us on the pool deck within minutes of leaving our room.

Pool area was great and beach was very clean.

We drove into Naples one day, just a 45 minute drive. Shopped around Tin City for a bit and then had dinner before we headed back to the Eagles Nest.

The Resort was sold out the week we were there and we still had no problem getting chairs at the pool.

Pool side Bingo was fun and like "3 kindsmama" we enjoyed the tennis courts in the evening.

One poster mentioned the snack bar at the pool and I would like to add that yes there is a small snack bar at the pool, but each day they do grill out on gas grills. Lunch items you can purchase: Hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken sandwiches. All were reasonable priced and good.

I agree with other posters that it would be nice if there was a restaurant on the grounds, but with the Marriott right next door it was very easy to just walk over there for any type of food you might like to enjoy.

Our villa was very nice inside and everything was in good working order and we found the kitchen to be well stocked.

My complaints on the gift shop: 1. The day I went to it, it was closed. I found it odd that they would be closed on a Wed. and closed the entire day. 2. Nothing in the place had a price tag on it!

While we were there, there was a family who was vacationing with it's extended family. They were having alot of fun together, but each morning one of the ladies would come down to the pool area and put towels over 6 chairs to "save" them for later. Even though there were signs stating you could NOT do this, nothing was ever done about it. It didn't really matter to us, since we still were able to get chairs, we found it "funny" to watch her each morning as we sat on our veranda eating our breakfast!

This family also was big into "drinking" at the pool and "in" the pool, something I again couldn't believe was never addressed, but one day a boy had a ball in the pool and he was told "no ball playing" in the pool young man. I thought to myself, "so this family can stand in the pool with a glass bottle and drink and you say nothing, but this boy is throwing a soft ball to his friend and you yell at him???"

If you have a daughter who wants her hair wrapped, make sure you sign up well in advance. I asked at the front desk about it and was told that the sign up would be at the pool deck the day that it was offered. Well the day before, I noticed sign up sheets hanging on the wall of the snack shop at the pool and I took a look and sure enough it was for "fun bunch" "sunsest pictures" and "hair wraps" and all the places were filled already!!

Thankfully I found the name of the woman who was doing it in one of those brouchures you pick up in the stores and called and got my daughter an appointment with her at her store. So look for those sign ups when you arrive if you have a little girl who is looking for that hair wrap. The woman who does it is the only one on the island that does it.

The trip was with a family of 5, children were ages 9, 13 and 18. We had a great time together on the beach, weather was perfect and the pool was pretty empty late afternoon and in the evening.

Favorite part of the trip for me was reading my book in my front row chair under the unbrella on the beach with the gulf breeze blowing oh so gently at me.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank mickeymoe
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed at the Eagle's Nest Beach Resort of Marco Island Florida the first week of June 2007. We are members of Hilton Grand Vacation Club and booked this vacation last minute. We didn't really have a choice of resorts due to the last minute nature, but after seeing HGVC's description of the resort, we felt we would be very happy with it. It does have some great aspects. We loved the location and the close proximity to the beach. A short walk from the pool area and you're on the beach. We liked the screened in porches with back doors to the pool/beach area. The overall size of our 2 BR condo was nice. There were 4 adults and 1 child in our party. The kitchen was a little small. The cooking accessories were really worn and some were missing handles. They were in pretty bad shape which surprised me. The garbage disposal didn't work, the fridge was not cold and some doors didn't close or close properly. All of that was annoying, but we reported the problems and they were fixed promptly. The resort is basically OLD. Our travel consultant had stayed there and did warn me. It needs some updating. There are no on-site restarants. There is a dinky pool-side area that served taco salads and hot dogs that were cooked by someone using an electric skillet. The taco salad was actually good, but I've never been to a resort that didn't have at least one bar and grill on-site or pool side. The lobby was nothing to write home about, nor was the staff. They were very laxidaisy and didn't help out all with restaurant recommendations. The gift shop/store was ALWAYS closed. That was so very annoying. I guess they were under-staffed or something. So, this all seems a little negative and I am a little disappointed with the resort. But, it could be because my expectations were a little higher. Like I said, the proximity to the beach was really great and the beach itself was wonderful. The pool area was nice and very family oriented. They could use a real restaurant or two and a gift shop that is open when they say they are open. They need to really update the place. We'd stay there again if nothing else was available. Side note: The Snook Inn is a GREAT restaurant!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank laughingdogs
Reviewed May 17, 2007

We traveled to Marco Island during Spring Break, and stayed at Eagle's Nest for 7 nights. We booked our vacation through Hilton Grand Vacation, and got a 2-bedroom unit on the 1st floor.
The units, all beach oriented, are really a home away from home, with all comforts and a big screened terrace which we used as outdoor breakfast/dining room. Although on the 1st floor, the view from our unit was beautiful. We were right above the pool area, which is surrounded by lots of flower beds and palm trees.
With 3 children, age 5, 5, and 12, being able to have breakfast on our terrace, watching the sea and still wearing pijamas was a big hit! On the day we arrived we rented 2 chairs on the beach, and used the beach more than the pool. The beach in front of the resort is very clean and perfect for kids. The sea is not too deep, there are tons of sea shells, and the shore is ideal for building huge sand castles. Opposite to the beach, and by the resort's entrance, there are 2 tennis courts, which my husband and older son used almost every evening.
Across from the resort there is a plaza with a great Italian restaurant called DaVinci, a very expensive Sushi bar, an Irish restaurant, pizza places and an ice cream parlor, just to mention a few. Just minutes away, there are Public grocery stores, pastry shops, and the beautiful beach of Tiger Tail.
One day we drove to Everglades City, and another to Sanibel Island.
This was our first time in Marco Island, and we loved it. Overall, it was a fabulous vacation and we really liked Eagle's Nest.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank 3kidsmama
Reviewed May 13, 2007

The resort has a perfect setting. We were traveling with an 86 year old, and our 2 five year olds. Can you believe everyone loved it? They have a kids camp for a few hours through the week. It is great to get a break and the kids had so much fun.
The elder is our bunch loved the lanai and sitting doing puzzles and without moving, still being part of the action below.
The beach is stunning, the sunsets are divine. You can walk to restaurants or next door to the hopping Marriott. There is no place friendlier and the rooms are nice and large. The lobby is a large place with tons of room to gather.
There are tennis courts, racquet ball, snack bar, hot tubs and lovely pool. Don't forget sunset pictures by a professional photographer.
I can really assure almost anyone they would not want to go home, no matter how nice home is!

Stayed: April 2007
8  Thank KyLady1
Reviewed July 24, 2006

The Eagles Nest on Marco is a vacation paradise, it sits right next to the Marriot. You couldn`t want a more desirable location on all of Marco.
You can relax on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico white sand beach, enjoy the newly renovated pool or two hot tubs.
Eat a great lunch from the poolside cafe, lots of kids (funbunch) and adult activities everyday and some evenings.
The Marco and Naples area have it all!!!, please forget eveything I`ve said and stay away because we really want to keep the Eagles Nest and all of Marco our very own little secret.
Tom and Lorraine Lewis-Cincinatti&Minneapolis.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
17  Thank Bakerman
Reviewed July 17, 2006

This is truly a 5 star resort!! Immaculate, well equipped rooms. Service unbeatable. Grounds/pool etc. one of the best on the island. It's right on the beach with access to practically anything you want to do.....dine, shop, boating, groceries etc. After staying here every year for almost 20 years I guess we like it!!!!

Gene & Nicki ****

Naples Bay Resort
Naples Bay Resort
#6 of 59 in Naples
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort

Been to Eagle's Nest on Marco Beach? Share your experiences!