“I Wanna Get Away”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I Wanna Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Great mangrove island just south of Marco Island. Accessible by watercraft only. Beach your boat and relax, no problem. About 1/2 mile off the cape is a very small beach that I have heard called Crescent Beach, Shell Island, or the Hump. Very small boomerang shaped island, maybe 50 yards wide, basically composed of shells. Cool place.

Visited March 2012

Marco Island FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Definitely worth the boat trip to see the beautiful beach and the dome home destroyed by the hurricane

Visited March 2012
Naples, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pack your Cooler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The feel of being isolated but not really. Quiet Island to walk and sit on the sand watch the sun go down and be alone.Just Wonderful times there.

1 Thank Olivia S
Nashville, Tennessee
“STAYED HERE WHEN IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Friend and I actually stayed here for a few nights when it had running water. It never had air conditioning. It was 1990 I guess. Stayed with grandparents of a good friend. Wow, I can’t believe I just stumbled across this. When I was there the water was 40 ft away from the house you can see where the dock was. The island also came to a sharp point that was 100+ yards away. The floor of the house was 2 feet below the windows seen in this picture. I am now searching for a picture of what it looked like when I was there. So many cool stories that happened when I visited this magnificent place in its pristine state. Still just shocked!!

Visited March 2011
deltaraider21
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Interesting trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We boat in the area often, we keep our boat in Goodlandm FL. This is a great place to take first time visitors. Dome house is interesting. Great pictures of when it was occupied on the wed. Great shark fishing there they say. You can't get there without a boat, and the shelling is great. Get there before the shelling (tourist) boat gets there at noon.

Visited November 2011