“One of the highlights of our trip!”

Sunshine Bike Tours
Ranked #13 of 85 Tours in Marco Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for some two wheel happiness on a leisurely guided scenic bike tour on our comfy beach cruisers to see unforgettable sites in an up close and personal manner across beautiful Marco Island! We customize our routes to offer Nature and Sunset themes. Custom Tours are also available. Come share the joy and adventure that riding on two wheels can bring you while pedaling amidst Marco's tranquil Gulf setting in sunny Southwest Florida. Our tours highlight Marco Island's interesting and rich history, its beautiful luxury homes lining the pervasive waterways, and its abundant nature in the pretty tropical flora and unique sea and wildlife. As the largest island in the Ten Thousand Islands, Marco is renowned for its allure and laid back atmosphere. You will find our bike tours enjoyable, peaceful, eco-informative and scenic. It's always a fun-filled adventure with Sunshine Bike Tours! You never know what you are going to see with nature! Advanced reservations required.
Tolland, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“One of the highlights of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Booked a long weekend on Marco Island this past May with my wife. We were looking for a fun way to check out the Island and also enjoy biking, so this was the best of both worlds. Saw this tour with Susan (formerly with another company at that point) on Tripadvisor and booked the nature tour - we are very happy we did.

Met Susan early Sunday morning and she gave us an overview of the island, its history and what we would be seeing during our tour. A quick spin on the bike to get set up and we were ready to go.

Susan took us around various neighborhoods, one more luxurious than the next, and showed us the native (and not so native) plantlife and fauna. While admittedly not an arborist, I must say the colorful flowers and trees are very appealing. Susan pointed out variously sites and stopped at several points. One of the great things about the tour is that while there are several key points of interest, Susan is also quite flexible and would stop when we saw things or had questions.

Next up, we saw some of the Marco wildlife - eagle's next (unfortunately not occupied), several owls burrowed into protected areas (my wife's favorite), osprey, gopher tortoises, dolphins, and a mother and baby manatee. Was a great day for wildlife!

Biked to another area of the island, with even larger homes - some previously owned by celebrities. Beautiful neighborhoods and architecture, and Susan ensured she brought these to our attention.

The bike ride was leisurely, aided by Marco's flat land and occasional shady spots. There were plenty of stops for pictures as well. Make sure you bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and perhaps some water. That said, Susan actually had some extra sunscreen, hand wipes and water - she comes well prepared!!

At end of tour, we biked to a restaurant on the beach and had a bite to eat.. OK, and a Key West brew or two as well! Susan was able to join us and shared her Island experiences further - she was an excellent and personable guide.

Very glad we saw this activity on Tripadvisor and the associated good reviews. This is clearly a testament to Susan's commitment and dedication. Sunshine Bike Tours is one ting you need to do while in the area. Thanks Susan!

Visited May 2013
sallisone, Owner at Sunshine Bike Tours, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Jim, thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful review! I really appreciate your kind and supportive words. It is so nice of you to take the time and it will surely help get the good word out about my new venture and company in Sunshine Bike Tours! It was indeed a special tour with you and your wife and I will never forget our manatee experience! I still love watching the video of the baby calve and its mama! So sweet! Anyhow, it was all my pleasure showing you and your wife around Marco Island and sharing all the neat and unique things about it with you including some tasty eats and drinks beachside! All the best and sure hope to enjoy more two wheel happiness together someday soon! Susan

Raleigh, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“All around great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

"I was recently working down in Marco Island and went on the Island Bike Tour. Susan was great, very passionate about what she does and really showed us a lot of the island. On our tour we saw manatee, dolphins, turtles, pelicans, osprey and burrowing owls. Not only did we ride a lot and get some great exercise, but she also showed us homes of some famous people along with giving us history that dates back to the 1500's when the Spaniards first found Marco Island. I would recommend this bike tour to anyone who can ride a bike & enjoys learning some history too :)"

Visited April 2013
sallisone, Owner at Sunshine Bike Tours, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Joel, thanks a million for your terrific review of your bike tour of the island. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed yourself and saw and learned a lot. That is the goal and it's all my pleasure to share my passion and enthusiasm with my guests! That's what it's all about! I am so glad you could see that! All the best and many thanks again! Susan
Keller, Texas
“Fantastic Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the tour of Marco Island. Susan has so much great information to share concerning the island. She was very willing to tell us about other great attractions in Florida and we enjoyed several of them. It was an excellent tour and well worth the money! Thanks again Susan.

Visited January 2013
Sharon, thank you very much for your wonderful review. So glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves on the tour as well as other attractions in Florida that I recommended. That is the goal and I give it my all. All my pleasure! Many thanks again for taking the time to write a review! All the best, Susan
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1-day of cycling and sightseeing with Sunshine Bike tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

With my colleague and friend Alessandro we took a day-tour with Susan to experience first-hand this corner of Florida visiting Marco Island and Naples with Sunshine Bike Tours. We biked on quiet roads and were able to discover some unique and fascinating natural beauties such as banyan trees, royal palms and other varieties of plants in addition to learn about native animals such as Gopher turtles, burrowing owls, manatee, pelicans, snowy egret, dolphins and herons. Susan was very informative, patient, professional, fun, interactive, engaging, flexible and more importantly a local! Without her we would not have discovered and learned so much in just a day. Traveling with a local is the way it should be. Grazie!

Visited November 2013
sallisone, Owner at Sunshine Bike Tours, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Grazie tanto, Cristiano, of Italy and now Boston! So kind of you to take the time to write a review and such a wonderful one too! It was such a pleasure and privilege to show you and Alessandro the Marco Island and Naples area! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves, the scenery, and learned a lot as well! That is my goal to make the service personal and custom to the guests interests and likes to ensure they walk away with a nice and memorable experience! Again, it was all my pleasure to share some two wheel happiness with you and Alessandro! I look forward to another adventurous Sunshine Bike Tour with you to see and learn and experience more of the SWFL Gulf culture, sights and nature, especially since it is so very different than what you are use to! Additionally, I also look forward to experiencing one of your fabulous eye-opening European bike tours with your company in Punto Tours! I can't wait to see, experience, and learn about your culture and neck of the woods! All the best! Saluti, Susan