“My first review on trip advisor. I hope they are not all like this....”

Marco Prime Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco Prime Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 122 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went to Marco Prime after enjoying the Island tree lighting celebration with the family and kids. Went to Marco Prime based on recommendations by my parents we are visiting. They had heard mixed reviews but said it might be nice to try something new. When we arrived the restaurant was very welcoming. Nice decor and ambience. Once we were seated we were put in a tiny booth we barely fit in and the restaurant was loud and noisy. Not what I was expecting based on how it looked when we were walking up. To start, the calamari we ordered was dry and flavorless. My steak was way over-done, I prefer a medium rare melt in my mouth steak. Service was OK but that was best I can say about it. The waitress wasn't attentive. The wine suggestion was good...that was the only thing served that I enjoyed. My wife's meal was flavorless, all the way down to her salad and potato. The restaurant is very pricey for what you receive as far as food quality and service. To top it all off at the end of the night when we were walking to our car-which we had to park way in the back at a store not connected to the plaza, the chef was out back yelling at another employee. I was so disappointed in my first experience I don't think I would recommend this to anyone or go back again.

3  Thank Louis B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The addition of Marco Prime to the island is great. The decor and atmosphere is very nice. It gives a feel of being somewhere else than South West Florida which is a nice break at times. We ordered two different steaks, ribeye and prime NY Strip. The ribeye was the far better choice even though it was not prime. My dining partner said it was one of the best steaks she has had in a long time. The strip was too well charred on the outside for my taste but I'm sure it is fine for others. The sides were Ok nothing truly outstanding and the soup was bland and not as good as other venues on the island.

The service was fine. I have to agree with one of the reviewers on the plates and silverware. Things keep falling to teh floor :). We will definitely go back for another nice meal.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We love DaVinci restaurant so when we heard the Carvelli family were opening a new Steakhouse Seafood restaurant we were excited to see what they would do.
We are absolutely blown away. What a beautiful restaurant, with excellent food, wonderful ambience and of course the Carvelli family charm. We have had the Miso Glazed Sea Bass, the surf & turf, the pork belly appetizer, the bang bang shrimp, everything was delicious. Love the house specialty Cucumber drink.
We would often make the trek to Naples for something a little more cosmopolitan but no more. Marco Prime was just what Marco Island needed and a great addition to the wonderful restaurants we have on Marco.
And Yes, we deserve it!!

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are locals on the island and have heard good things about marco prime, so we thought that we would give it a shot for her birthday.
We liked the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant. It looked like a place for fine dining. Our waitress was very polite and professional and couldn't of been better, but the food was pretty mediocre for what we were paying. We ordered the calamari for our app and it was tough and dried out and devoid of all seasoning. If it wasn't for the dipping sauces it would of been impossible to eat. For our entrees I got the brazen short ribs with garlic mash and a Caesar salad and my wife had the rosemary baked chicken and ordered a Gouda cheese baked potato. My Caesar had no dressing on it what so ever. It was just wet lettuce with Parmesan cheese. My garlic potatoes tasted like potatoes and milk. There wasn't any garlic or other seasonings; not even butter!!! My short ribs were cooked excellently, but once again didn't taste like anything (no seasoning again). My wife's baked potato with cheese, had the tiniest sprinkle of cheese on it buried under a huge glob of sour cream and once again, had no seasoning. As for her rosemary chicken, it was dry and pretty tasteless. My wife took a few bites and couldn't eat anymore. We took it home and the dogs loved it though. On the way out the hostess asked us how it was so I told her what we had and why we didn't enjoy it and she told us, " oh yeah, those aren't the best things on our menu." I'm sorry but a restaurant that is supposed to be fine dining shouldn't have bad food on their menu. We left feeling really rather unsatisfied. We went to Sweet Annie's ice cream to get something great tasting in our mouths. We will not be going back and will not be recommending anyone else to visit there.

2  Thank Tim0413
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This place had a hard act to follow, having opened in Konrads old location, but this latest Da Vincis inspired restaurant is Prime in name and prime in what it has to offer.

The location is in one of Marco's hot spots, the decor is stylish and the place buzzes in the sense of people really enjoying being there and having a great dining experience.

We thoroughly enjoyed our sticky shrimp starters, followed by very good filet mignon and lobster tails. Like its sister restaurant, Da Vincis, it also has a quality, well balanced wine list and we were pleased to see that it offers the excellent Italian Gavi, which we have enjoyed so much when dining at Da Vincis.

The service was spot on. Friendly and attentive staff, who knew the detail of every dish and the specials. We were served at just the right pace so as to ensure a relaxing and enjoyable meal.

Marco Prime is a notable new addition to Marco's ever-growing top class restaurant scene.