“Service problems and rip offs” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Spa at Marco Island Marriott

The Spa at Marco Island Marriott
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at Marco Island Marriott offers guests the utmost in a relaxing and individual spa experience: treatments specifically designed by world-renowned experts, superior spa products, and personal advice after each treatment. Discover a luxurious enclave of tranquility surrounded by beautiful beaches and the peaceful waters of Florida's Gulf Coast. Our Balinese-style health spa is an elegant but laid back setting; the perfect backdrop for doing everything or nothing at all. The Spa features various treatments inspired by our tropical paradise, as well as state-of-the-art fitness facilities, salon services and a Spa Shop. The Spa at Marco Island Marriott is in tune with your needs and offers all of the amenities you have come to expect.
New York, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Service problems and rip offs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Booked a massage with a specific therapist. Arrived to discover they switched me to Gracie,who informed me that I'd have to come back another day if I wanted anyone else. What? The manager was able to reassign me with a 25 minute wait. I didn't mind waiting, but did mind having to have an argument instead of a relaxing visit. Afterwards, I was informed I could get lunch on the terrace, but was not told that it was a room service menu, with room services prices and speed. I waited 35 minutes for a $30 hamburger. My 80 minute massage was $281, including $20 for feet mitts, which the therapist had to remove quickly since they were burning my feet. All in all, a rotten experience that totaled $311 including the mediocre burger. Everyone apologized profusely for their mistakes, and took a whopping $38 off my bill. Total rip off and mismanagement.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Bebe38

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Customer service is simply non existant...........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were at the Spa at The Marriott Marco Island recently and must say I was beyond disappointed. We booked 2 Swedish massages and whilst the facilities are nice that's about the end of it. During the treatment my masseuse asked if the pressure was ok and my response was "the more pressure the better" this was followed by a snippy response of "well it is a Swedish massage." I guess the point here was the additional comment was not needed.........Now lets get to the fun part, check out. When we checked in we asked if we could pay using spa finder cards which we had received as gifts. We were told that this wouldn't be an issue, upon check out no one seemed to no what was going on. Then we were advised that 2 of our cards had allegedly been previously redeemed. Now we certainly had not redeemed the cards prior and a very short and rude manager / supervisor named Kelly said we would need to call spa finder. My response was no you call spa finder, at this moment she said how bout I call loss prevention because your being disrespectful. I laughed and said call who you want because maybe you forgot were the customer and if anyone is being rude or disrespectful its you. During this time as one of the other cards were being entered I was told that even though it was a $50 card they were only going to give us a $41.50 credit for our treatment once again no one seems to know whats going on here. After a few minute's a less than helpful Kelly did call spa finder for me. I spoke to a representative and I was informed that whilst there was an issue with 2 of the cards and I would have to call on Monday, I also told the spa finder rep that the spa was only giving us $41.50 worth of services for our $50.00 card, the rep said no that's not the way it works. The representative said they must honor the face value of the card, at this point Kelly interrupts and says no were are going to honor the card for $50.00. I told the representative that now the are going to honor the card at face value which was followed by a snippy "huh" and a roll of the eyes by Kelly. Spa finder informed me that the $41.50 is an agreement between them and the spa but the customer should get face value of $50.00.........The bottom line is whilst this was supposed to be a world class spa don't expect world class customer service. They certainly won't see us returning.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank R S
Urbana, Illinois
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a couples massage while in Marco. Our visit at the spa was incredible. The staff was wonderful, very nice.
I would rate this treatment as one of the best I have ever had. Very relaxing. If the weather was not so great I would have spent the entire day relaxing at their facility.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Died and went to heaven.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The wife and I spent a day here for massages, lunch, a day at the pool and she got a pedicure. What a great way to spend a day. She thoroughly enjoyed her massage medley and I couldn't get enough of my sports massage with DeeDee. Never thought 80 minutes wouldn't be enough, but it wasn't. Looking forward to returning when back in Naples.

Visited September 2013
Chicago, IL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pretty stellar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recommend the spa- friendly front desk staff. I was somewhat disappointed they didn't have it in my notes that I wanted a male masseuse so I got stuck with Gracie for my first massage. Also- post Gracie massage, when the gal asked how it was, I Wished she would have asked more questions or offered a solution when I told her my first massage was only "ok."

The outdoor pool area offers great no-kid-zone pools with plush chairs- quiet relaxing oasis. Super great for reading... You can pay $35 for a day pass if you're not doing a service.

Nice locker rooms with basic bathroom tools and products. Services are expensive but they are having a deal where after 6p, you can get a massage or facial for $99 plus tax and tip.

Ask for Lee if you're doing a massage. I had him my 2nd day. He listens to what you need and makes you feel comfortable. Good conversationalist if you want to talk. Great at what he does!!!

Avoid Gracie. She's new and uncomfortable conversationally. She's also very cold and curt- almost rude. Refused to use more pressure when asked unless I wanted to pay for an upgrade. Also pretty sure it wasn't a full 50 min. It wasn't worth the money...

They close at 7 so don't expect to hang around if your service is at 6-7p. Felt slightly rushed by the locker room attendees. Other than that, nice spa!

Visited June 2013