“A Great night out!”
Review of Marco Polo Restaurant LLC - CLOSED

Marco Polo Restaurant LLC
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I ate at Marco Polo based on Tripadvisor and the concierge at the Marriott. We received a complementary limo ride to the restaurant - a nice way to start an evening. Although we received the lighted wine list right away, the taking and serving of our drink order was confusing slow. However the rest of our dining experience was top notch. We split the chateau-briand, which is sliced tableside-WOW! - the best we ever had. For dessert, the chocolate dome cake awaited us - a chocolate lovers paradise-YUM! Tom made several stops at our table to check on everything. Its a pleasure to write a review for a manager/owner who truely cares and enjoys his craft. We can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Went to Marco Polo last nite. This was our 2nd nite on the island and after last nite's dinner at Verdi's I didn't think anyplace else could compare. I was wrong! I read some of the other reviews and I can corroborate that the outside doesn't match the inside. One we walked in we all looked at each other and shared a laugh. We were seated right on time with our reservation, within 30 seconds our cocktail waitress Kaitlin was taking our orders. (only beer and wine at Verdi's).
Ceasar salad was done table side and was fantastic. I had the diver scallops and was very I impressed. My daughter had the 8oz filet and she destroyed it in 30 seconds. My wife had the eggplant lasagna and really enjoyed it. We had key lime cheese cake for desert and i almost lost a finger trying to get a bite.

I can't say enough about the service and quality of the food. All around A+

Reviewed February 17, 2011

We went to Marco Polo Restaurant based on the recommendations on this website. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing, from the escargot appetizers to the caesar salad prepared table side to the entrees and the key lime cheesecake with berries dessert. The location is not near the hotels but they have a limo that will come to pick you up and drop you off. The prices are comparable to fine dining in most restaurants, and the service and food are well worth it. We were thrilled with every course of the meal. The food was fantastic. The service was outstanding as well. My water glass was never empty. We were asked how everything was at every course of our meal. There was entertainment which consisted of a singer only. The music was great accompaniment for our meal. Not too loud, more as background. We liked it so much the first night that we went back for a second night during our week stay in Marco island. It was just as excellent as the first experience. We highly recommend this stop. It is excellent.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

My wife and I recently had one of the most amazing dining experiences ever.

From the moment that we entered our free limo to the restaurant... we were in love again.
We were greeted at the restaurant by our name! And given our choice of seating.

The cocktails were generous, the wine list and wine steward were awesome and well priced... and then comes the food!
The tableside salad prep was out of this world, and the salad it self was the best we have ever had.

The lamb was the freshest and most generous portion you will ever find.
The diver sea scallops were out of this world.

Then we sat at the piano bar for more cocktails and were serenaded by the best crooker on the island by far.

Do not miss this restaurant if you are staying at Marco Island.
It is romantic, ornate and regal, but with such a friendly atmosphere that you can't help but feel special.

Absolutely the best meal and experience we had all week on Marco Island.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

So glad we decided to eat at Marco Polo! We loved it! The food, service and music were all wonderful. We will definitely do it again!