“Christmas Eve dinner”
Review of Marco Polo Restaurant LLC - CLOSED

Marco Polo Restaurant LLC
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The five of us had dinner Christmas Eve. The food was outstanding and I highly recommend the pork chop. Marco Polo is one of the best upscale resturants in the area.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Many years ago my father in law took us to the Marco Polo. This visit was a dinner for two uncertain what we would find. The food was great, very nice house salad, bone in rib eye was cooked perfectly and very flavorful and shrimp scampi flavor was great although a little too much linguini.
If you are looking for a glitzy modern atmosphere, this is not the place for you, It is an out of the way place with a comfortable, relaxing supper club atmosphere with a very talented gentleman who quietly sings and plays the guitar. The friendly staff made the evening very enjoyable. Will certainly go back.

1  Thank 56Denise
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We had the steak and it was great, but the 2 woman that served us were great. I have been to 5 star restaurants in NYC that do not compare to the service we received at Marco Polo.

1  Thank MarcoV430
Reviewed December 15, 2013

You feel like Frank Sinatra will start singing at any time. Excellent choice of seafood and a few steaks. Extremely large selection of fine wines. This is a nice place to impress some business guests or have a romantic dinner.

1  Thank kenasa
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a group of 13 and had a nice meal at this restaurant with good service and a nice atmosphere save the waiter actually pushing expensive wine on us. As my brother and I reviewed the wine list for a wine in the $50 price range the waiter brought out a $115 bottle and unscrewed it right in front of us saying to just try a sip and if we did not like it he would take it in the back and drink it himself! well it was good and it was a good price relative to the normal inflated restaurant prices and I could have lived with this if he had not pushed 2 more bottles on us. At that point he went to my brother because I was at the other end of the table and I wanted no part of his pushiness.
To top it off the table next to us asked thier waitress for a Pinot Grigio and sure enough she brings back our waiter and he pushes a Chardonnay on them! Unbelievable!
So if you go enjoy the food but beware they will push expensive wine on you assuming you wont be willing to say no.