“Enjoy the wine as long as it is the wine THEY want you to drink”
Review of Marco Polo Restaurant LLC - CLOSED

Marco Polo Restaurant LLC
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a group of 13 and had a nice meal at this restaurant with good service and a nice atmosphere save the waiter actually pushing expensive wine on us. As my brother and I reviewed the wine list for a wine in the $50 price range the waiter brought out a $115 bottle and unscrewed it right in front of us saying to just try a sip and if we did not like it he would take it in the back and drink it himself! well it was good and it was a good price relative to the normal inflated restaurant prices and I could have lived with this if he had not pushed 2 more bottles on us. At that point he went to my brother because I was at the other end of the table and I wanted no part of his pushiness.
To top it off the table next to us asked thier waitress for a Pinot Grigio and sure enough she brings back our waiter and he pushes a Chardonnay on them! Unbelievable!
So if you go enjoy the food but beware they will push expensive wine on you assuming you wont be willing to say no.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Four of us had a ball here this past Wednesday evening! FOOD: we all enjoyed the fresh salad, two of us enjoyed veal and seafood dishes and the other two wanted Veal Parm, which was not on the menu. They said it would not be a problem; it turned out to be the best ever,! FOOD scored 10. ATMOSPHERE: "felt like we're walking on to a yacht!". We asked to be picked up by their limo, when we arrived, the owner greated us at the door, and a very attractive and pleasant hostess directed us to our table. It seemed like the total wait staff were serving us, the whole team was so engaging. After dinner we went to their piano bar and had a "#%*^><" ball!! ATMOSPHERE scored a 10. PRICES: not cheap nor expensive, bottomline, great value. This restaurant was a major highlight of our visit to Marco Island, we are heading back there tonight! Can't wait!

2  Thank Joseph E
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I read the good reviews but when we drove up, my wife said "oh-let's forget it, I don't like the way it looks". Was I glad that I responded "let's walk in and look at the menu". The outside of the restaurant does not reflect the inside; beautiful, subtle burgandy tones-and for me to notice that.....
Anyway, the food was excellant, the service supurb! Whatever you order, try the Brie with Apricot on the starters menu-you will not be disappointed! Add to that the "piano man" who was incredible-just a great mix of jazzy, laid-back tunes and with his synthesizer, he sounded like there was a full band behind him!

2  Thank plumbero
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Loved everything about it! Met the owner and he made us feel like family. Highly recommend it. Plus the courtesy limo service to and from restaurant was a very nice touch.

2  Thank MLArena
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Six fo dinner. Salads were filled with fresh ingrdients topped with a yummy dressing. Lobster bisque was outstanding with spot on richness and flavour. I had the veal chop that was cooked to perfection and drizzled with a glaze that was full of flavour. The scallop potatoes were mouthfulls of deliciousness along with the roasted veggies. Others had steaks, rack of lamb, veal and chicken. All exceeded expectations. Can't remember our server's name but he was wonderfully attentive and informative helping us decide off the vast menu.The owner also dropped by to be sure everything was pleasing to us...nice touch. Wonderful place that I would love to return to again.

4  Thank angelfire7612