“Not too impresses”
Review of Marco Polo Restaurant LLC - CLOSED

Marco Polo Restaurant LLC
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my second visit (first in March '12), and things have changed. When we called to ask about the limo, the man was quite cold and informed us there was "no way we could come over the bridge" (to Mainsail Dr.) When we got to the restaurant, we saw the limo parked, and it never moved all night....hmm. The restaurant itself was ho-hum, and admittedly it was a Sun. night, but nonetheless, there just was no "spark"...everyone seemed to be auto-pilot. We will give a thumbs up to the female bartender, who was engaging and friendly. The food was just average. My $36 steak was average, and my wife's veal was nothing to write home about.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Complimentary limo was great. Staff was friendly but bill was not comparable to the food. I left feeling like the place was pretty average and spent $200 (before tip). The soufflé was horrible. I never turn down sweets and I only ate two bites. My friends shared one as well and neither couple could figure out what was going on. I would say explore other options on the island or go to 5th Ave in Naples if you have access to a car.

1  Thank NChotelrater
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have been here a number of times and always enjoyed the food and service. This week however our server seemed to be in a different world. We were told only one could not order Caesar salad and when she did table side for two the dressing was awful. She dropped salad all over the prep table, picked it up and put it on our plates. She did not do one table check, words were slurred, no bread brought to table.... It was one of the most bizarre server experiences I have ever had. She seriously appeared to be out to lunch and not focused at all on what she was doing. Too bad because up till now this place has been a good place to go to.

1  Thank Gretchasketch
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Tom, the owner, was an absolute delight to work with and I could tell his customer service was outstanding in the planning process alone. This was a last minute group dinner with important clients. To quote one of the dinner participants: "Everything was out of this world...the limo ride was fun. The restaurant staff treated us like royalty. The dinner was absolutely perfect. Excellent pick!". I highly recommend this restaurant.

5  Thank BCW19
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We made a reservation to dine at Marco Polo on Christmas Eve. The complimentary limo drove us from our hotel to the restaurant where we were greeted warmly at the door. Our table was nicely situated away from the entertainment. We were immediately impressed by the teamwork that went on involving the waitstaff. If any waiter saw that something was needed at a table, he took care of it. There was no "I'll get your waiter for you." The restaurant was packed but everything seemed to run as smoothly as if we were the only diners. The meal began with delicious warm bread followed by a nice green salad. It was difficult to choose just one entree from all of the choices, but I settled on the chicken Parmesan.It was the best I have ever eaten in my life. The outside was crispy to the last bite with a moist and tender inside. I actually closed my eyes and savored the flavor. My husband had steak Diane which was perfection accompanied by a delicious sauce . Not wanting our dining experience to end, we had cherries jubilee which were prepared in the traditional tableside manner. It was an exquisite ending to the meal.Despite every table being filled, the owner found time to ask us how our meal was and if it was our first visit. Our only regret is that we do not live on Marco Island and cannot eat at Marco Polo every night.

6  Thank travellover021