“Delicious”
Review of Marco Polo Restaurant LLC - CLOSED

Marco Polo Restaurant LLC
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
florida
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Me and my fiance went to Marco Polo in the beginning of March. We made a reservation but walked right in when we arrived. The place was packed. It was definitely an older crowd but the food and service was great. There are cheesy decorations (rope lighting and gold streamers near the bar) but the service and food were excellent. We both got the filet and it was made just to our liking.

• Visited March 2011
islandguy34145, Owner at Marco Polo Restaurant LLC, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your evening with us!

Marco Island, Florida
“Unbelievable supper club. Reminds me of the ones my parents took me to when i was much younger.”
Reviewed March 15, 2011

On March 14, 2011 my wife & I had the pleasure of dining at Marco Polo. This was our first visit as it is our first visit to Marco Island,
We were greeted at the door by Tom Naifeh as if we were long-time diners. We sat at the bar where Claudine the bartender poured an excellent drink and knew when to have a customer visit and when to leave them alone.
We were then seated at our table with service by Erin and Steve as well as a cocktail waitress. My wife proclaimed that Erin's caesar salad was better than mine (i have the original recipe from Caesar's in Tijuana) and i must agree. My 8 oz filet was cooked to perfection and served with fresh vegetables and smashed potatoes. My wife's Dover sole was fabulous. Fresh sauted Parmesan spinach was our side dish of choice, It was quite good in texture but the seasoning was a trifle too salty.
Two soufles for desert capped a wonder dinner. Oh did i mention their wine list? It is not extensive but nice wines at prices i find in Marco to be quite reasonable.
We will return to tackle the Chateubriand.
All of their meat is aged in-house for 30 days.
Wonderful

• Visited March 2011
NEW JERSEY
“A Great night out!”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My wife and I ate at Marco Polo based on Tripadvisor and the concierge at the Marriott. We received a complementary limo ride to the restaurant - a nice way to start an evening. Although we received the lighted wine list right away, the taking and serving of our drink order was confusing slow. However the rest of our dining experience was top notch. We split the chateau-briand, which is sliced tableside-WOW! - the best we ever had. For dessert, the chocolate dome cake awaited us - a chocolate lovers paradise-YUM! Tom made several stops at our table to check on everything. Its a pleasure to write a review for a manager/owner who truely cares and enjoys his craft. We can't wait to go back again.

• Visited January 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow, great food and great service. A total dining experience.”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Went to Marco Polo last nite. This was our 2nd nite on the island and after last nite's dinner at Verdi's I didn't think anyplace else could compare. I was wrong! I read some of the other reviews and I can corroborate that the outside doesn't match the inside. One we walked in we all looked at each other and shared a laugh. We were seated right on time with our reservation, within 30 seconds our cocktail waitress Kaitlin was taking our orders. (only beer and wine at Verdi's).
Ceasar salad was done table side and was fantastic. I had the diver scallops and was very I impressed. My daughter had the 8oz filet and she destroyed it in 30 seconds. My wife had the eggplant lasagna and really enjoyed it. We had key lime cheese cake for desert and i almost lost a finger trying to get a bite.

I can't say enough about the service and quality of the food. All around A+

• Visited February 2011
Philadelphia, PA
“Fabulous Food with great service”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We went to Marco Polo Restaurant based on the recommendations on this website. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing, from the escargot appetizers to the caesar salad prepared table side to the entrees and the key lime cheesecake with berries dessert. The location is not near the hotels but they have a limo that will come to pick you up and drop you off. The prices are comparable to fine dining in most restaurants, and the service and food are well worth it. We were thrilled with every course of the meal. The food was fantastic. The service was outstanding as well. My water glass was never empty. We were asked how everything was at every course of our meal. There was entertainment which consisted of a singer only. The music was great accompaniment for our meal. Not too loud, more as background. We liked it so much the first night that we went back for a second night during our week stay in Marco island. It was just as excellent as the first experience. We highly recommend this stop. It is excellent.

• Visited February 2011