“Very tasty 1/2 pound burger at a reasonable price”

Dolphin Tiki Bar & Grill
Ranked #35 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a very lively spot at Angler's Cove. I had a burger ($10.75) and announced that I couldn't possibly eat all of it then promptly ate all of it. My friend had Grouper Piccata ($15.95) which she really enjoyed. Our service was efficient and friendly and this is a very casual spot - don't spend any time planning your outfit! For us the only downside is that because it's all considered to be essentially outdoors (although there is a roof over most of it) you can end up inhaling a lot of secondhand smoke because the place seems to draw more than its share of smokers. If it weren't for that I would head back here again. For two of us - each with one glass of wine and en entree - no dessert - the bill came to $38.90.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Fish tacos are so spicy that i couldn't taste the fish! Grouper tasted good except for the greasy soggy breading that immediately fell off the fish but may have saved me some calories as a result! LOL It can be mesmerizing sitting at at bar looking out at boats & water, however, with all the renovations they should have replaced the clear shades that keep out cool breezes on chilly days because they are no longer clear and are disgusting and ruin the view! Warm but inattentive, distracted staff, still getting their mojo down.

1  Thank BarPeople
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The beautiful view of the bay and the cool breeze coming through the open windows was fantastic...the only thing that could top the view was the food. It was the best breakfast I have had in a long long time! The new owners have really done an outstanding job on the menu and the venue :-) This could be my new favorite spot!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice Tiki Bar on the Marina, but the food is terrible. I ordered the fried grouper, it being one of my favorite dishes. I was sorely dissapointed. As soon as the waitress placed it in front of me, I knew just by looking at it that it was all wrong. It was a basket full of dripping grease. I picked up a piece of fish and it fell apart in my hands, and all the breading was mush. The waitress sent over the owner/manager and he was very unprofessional and didn't take the criticism of the food kindly. My dad's fried chicken wings were all soggy and loaded with grease as well. I explained to him that the oil in the fryer probably wasn't set to the correct temperature, so the fish soaked up all the grease, but he was very argumentative. He asked me how I would know that and I told him that I went to cooking school, unlike the cooks in his kitchen. He actually proceeded to tell me that there was nothing wrong with the fish. I told him "if you want to serve a basket full of grease to your customers go ahead, but this fish is not cooked properly." Needless to say, we won't be going back there which is a shame because it's a cute bar.

If you want a great fresh fish experience on Marco Island, I suggest Leebee Fish Company located in the historic section of the island.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We live on Marco and are always searching for fun places to take visiting friends and family. It took us awhile to discover this little place....but glad we did. We've taken people on numerous occasions and always have had a great experience. Our food has been great (mostly of the fried variety) and the service very friendly. Our visitors also enjoy the Florida feel of the place.