“Beautiful Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ario Restaurant

Ario Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ario Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Marco
Description: Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort's signature dining destination for a creative Floridian fine cuisine, emphasizing local sustainable and farm to table ingredients. The upscale environment features an open Exhibition Kitchen that infuses the restaurant with a constant flow of energy. Savor a glass of wine or specialty cocktail under the stars by the light and warmth of the outdoor fire pit while enjoying the ocean breeze. Discover what the islanders already know - Kurrents is the place for sophistication, romance and a show-stopping menu.
Parlin
“Beautiful Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would like to start by saying that I am a big foodie and I have eaten at some of the top rated restaurants in the world. On our family trip we decided to go to Kurrents. While this place is very nice, it is lacking a bit. Food was good and service was OK. I got a SeaBass which was delicious but is seemed like fish with a sweet teriyaki sauce on it nothing more. It said it came with asparagus but instead without telling me or saying anything about it they gave me cauliflower. I think that I should have been informed of the change. My father and sister got scallops that were good but nothing to write home about. This is expansive so get ready to break out your wallet. It cost with 20% tip $356 for four people. (90 bucks were spent in alcohol) If you are looking for good food you can go here but there are better places such as Fin Bistro or Sal E Pepe.

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Just ok, but we won't come running back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have stayed at the MI Marriott 4 consecutive years and never made it into Kurrents. I originally thought it was upscale dining for adults only, but upon check in was informed that children were welcome. I have to say that although I brought my 11 year old and almost every table had children, I think the ambiance would be much better without children, sorry! The decor and setting could be very romantic with a few changes. The hostess was not helpful, the server was friendly, the drinks were fantastic, but the food was very bland. Glad we checked it out, but while we do plan on returning to the MI Marriott ASAP, we won't be running back to Kurrents.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Service was terrible- slow and our waitress couldn't answer one of our questions about the menu. She had to continue to go back and ask someone and seemed agitated. My husband ordered the steak and cheesy potato side and was happy with both. I ordered a side of brussel sprouts which was delicious! My salad said it come with root vegetables and all I had on it was fried cheese and a sprinkle of carrots. The dressing for the salad was tasteless and the fish dish that was stuffed with crab and couscous with a lemon dressing had no flavor and I found 3 bones within my first two bites. I returned the fish and just ordered a decaf to finish the night. We were hoping for a romantic, delicious dinner while on our baby-moon, but was very disappointed in much of the evening. My husband has a sweet tooth and got the dessert and didn't even finish it because it wasn't very good. I wish we had spent the money at Mortons or a real 5 star restaurant. Kurrents seems to want to be a fancy, high class restaurant, but we found it was anything but. Very disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Probably the best restaurant on Marco Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Dined two evenings at Kurrents during my stay at the hotel. Both times, friendly and professional service, and excellent food especially their signature sea bass dish. The illuminated menus are both a novelty and a great idea in this romantically lit restaurant, but why was the wine list not illuminated because it was very difficult to read it.

Visited June 2013
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We attended a business dinner meeting at Kurrents. The staff was extremely friendly, engaging and fun to be around. They made us all feel very welcomed and at home. I had the sea bass and my wife had the red snapper. Both of us agreed our meals were one of the best we've had anywhere. Although we attended this as part of a group dinner function I felt everyone in our group had a the same experience of having a great meal and first class service by a wonderful staff. I can only imagine what a treat it would be for a couple looking for a romantic dinner together...Can't wait to take my wife back there for that!

• Visited May 2013