“Best Happy Hour on Marco!”
Review of Nacho Mama's

Nacho Mama's
Ranked #56 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Their happy hour prices and short walk from our house roped us into being regulars at Nacho Mama's. From 3-5pm, you can get $1 12oz draft beers along with $1 tacos (choice of pork, chicken, beef). They also have discounts on bottled beer and margaritas.
We try to get there at the start of Happy Hour and normally don't have a problem getting a seat outside. Tables fill up fast around 4pm.
On the occasion we stay for dinner and eat off of the regular menu, the Baja Fish Tacos are our family's favorite. The rest of the food is ok and they do have "American" options for those who don't like Mexican food. The chips ($2.99) are very bland and have no salt. There salsa is very chunky and its pretty good, so that would help to mask the bland chips.
Service is very hit or miss and we seem to miss it most of the time. It doesn't matter how crowded they are or how big our party is.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

As a person who loves Mexican restaurants this was extremely disappointing. Our bill was 44 not including tax and was not great even after a few drinks. Te margarita was good. The cheese dip was one of the worst I have ever had ($5) and their "salsa" was pico - which to me is not what I was expecting for $2....very disappointing

Reviewed February 6, 2013

First Mexican restaurant I've been to were they didn't serve chips before the meal. The meal was mediocre. Felt like I wasted $50.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stopped by for Happy Hour the day before we left Marco Island. I wish we had gone earlier so we could return for $1 drafts and tacos.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times previously. This evening we went for the last 30 mins of happy hour and then for meal afterwards. To buy a drink, we had to go to the bar and we were served by lady who looked like she had been forced to suck lemons for the last two hours! My wife and I had a couple of Margaritas. On each occasion I left the loose change and thought nothing of it.
We then sat a table and ordered our food. The food was tasty.
When the check came I was surprised to see that 18% had been added. I enquired why this had been added as it had not been on previous visits. I was informed that this was added by the Manager because "there had been an incident at the bar". I was horrified about this and asked our waitress to find out what this "incident" was. I was informed that the lady serving drinks works for tips, and they didn't want the waitress to be disadvantaged.
I was surprised at this because I had left a tip and surely it is up to the customer to decide on the level of service received before a tip is given.
It seems that I am the sort of customer , middle aged and British, that the manager of Nacho Mamas does not want. If this is the case, he/she has succeeded, as I will go elsewhere in future. My wife and I are regular visitors to Marco and this is the first incident of this type we have experienced in over 20 years.