“Wonderful place to eat”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We always eat here every January when we visit Marco Island. My husband gets the Nacho's appetizer as his meal - it is so much food, and delicious. I get the cheese enchiladas. So good!!!

1  Thank JoAnn C

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were out hunting for a place for dinner and came across the mall with four restaurants. We found a parking spot quickly, looked at the menu on the Sports Bar and couldn't help to notice that all the outside tables were full over at Nacho Mama's and all the tables everywhere else were empty at 5:30 PM on a Thursday. Thinking they must all know something we did not, we decided to eat at Mama's. Had to wait a few minutes for the hostess to seat us at an inside booth. The only other people inside were all at the bar for Happy Hour.

Waitress came by and said she would be with us in a minute and got back quickly to take a drink order. Diet Coke and a tap beer and both were flat and the plastic cup the soda came in smelled like bleach. Sent both back and received two more flat drinks in unscented plastic reusable cups again. Noticed the people at the bar were drinking beer out of glass with heads on the beers unlike mine. That just means the plastic cups are not cleaned properly for beer. They would be better off serving the customers out of throw away plastic solo cups. Should have left and cut our loses at that point, but didn't!

I ordered a Wet Burrito/ground beef and wife ordered a Chimichanga and we got an order of Guacamole and Chips to get started. No question, Guacamole comes out of a tub and is laced with way to much lemon in order to keep it green. In fact the only thing you taste is the lemon. It is like eating green lemon flavored paste. To make matters worse, it is the only Mexican restaurant I think I have ever eaten at that served chips out of a bag. Not sure if they always serve red and green chips with the Guacamole or if these are still left from Christmas three weeks ago. Chips were bad and flavorless and Guacamole is the second worst I ever remember anywhere and nothing is easier to make from scratch. I'd be happy to show them how. Also, this is the only Mexican Restaurant I can remember eating at that does not give you chips at the table when you are seated, but with the quality of the chips, that is understandable. I can't believe it is not more cost effective to buy bad chips than it is to make good homemade chips.

For $11 the Wet Burrito was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT, made with the unseasoned ground beef, the burrito was small and swimming in the sauce and covered with lots of melted cheese so much so it burrito was almost submerged. One word, FLAVORLESS! Beans and rice was best part of the dinner and nothing special or homemade about either. Wife's Chimichanga didn't appear to be made fresh as it was cold inside and very dry. She asked for some sauce to put over it and got cold sauce to go with cold chimi for an additional $ .50 for less than 2 oz of sauce.

On a one to ten scale, I would rank this place a two only because I like to leave a one for the place I find that could be worse. I think the people were there for Happy Hour and not the food but, judgeing from our simple drinks I would not be back for Happy Hour again. For us, this was not a Happy Hour or money well spent .

We will be back to try the remaining places on the mall there, I would recommend you do the same! Try the other places!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I ate here with two friends. The food was good, not great (I had the fajitas). I should definitely mention that the serving sizes were pretty large. Either bring a healthy appetite or plan to split an entrée. The service was okay. The food was not quick but the drinks and chips were, so we were sated. One thing we really liked was the outdoor dining area, which looked like an old Mexican town square (fountain and all). We had great weather so the experience was very enjoyable.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

my wife and i had a great meal here. i had chicken fajhita's and my wife had the wet buritto. both meals were gorgeous, we sat inside in a booth in one of the window seats, thank god, as the heavens opened later!!!

1  Thank michael b
Reviewed December 21, 2012

"Tried" to eat dinner here but ended up leaving due to the pathetic service. We waited 10 minutes to be acknowledged and served drinks. After another 10 minutes of not having our orders taken (or a word spoken to), we decided to leave. Waited another 5 minutes just to try to get someones attention to pay for our drinks and we left. The location was neat with a decent atmosphere, but never got to try the food as we didn't have 2 hours to eat.