“Wow! What a great meal....”
Review of Porky's Marco Island - CLOSED

Porky's Marco Island
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: As of November 1, 2014 we under new management
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have always loved taking my wife and/or my kids, family and friends to Porky's and under new ownership, it is better than ever. I spent last Sunday with my son and friends watching football in the bar where there are 22 brand new flat screens and ate the BEST chicken wings I ever had. Sunday is Chili Day and it was great! I had such a good hamburger that I came back with my wife and family for dinner that night. I know my ribs and they were the best I have ever had and the all you can eat salad had over 40 options. My wife had the brisket that the old Porky's never had and I hate to say to my wife but this brisket was better than hers. Sorry honey. I am going back for more tonight.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The place just doesn't aspire to be the best BBQ place in the area. They have a good salad bar. The ribs are good not great. If you are lazy and don't want to go off the island eat at Rib City then this is a decent option.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good food at good prices, seems like a locals place but never felt uncomfortable. Great salad bar selection.

1  Thank Vickk17
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently visited Marco Island for the second year running and discovered this really good restaurant this year. Typical American diner with an excellent menu. Have the baby back ribs or if two of you are feeling brave go for the Hawg Fest( I haven't misspelt this) two of our friends almost finished it. All mains come with as much as you can eat salad and on some evenings they do all you can eat ribs. Great music playing and in the bar area live music on Fridays and Saturdays. Such good value we ate there 6 times over a three week period.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We were so dissapointed. We come down to Marco Island every year and one of our favorite spots to have a meal at is 'Porky's last stand' and the 1st thing we noticed was that the sign had been changed to 'Porkys' and no red Corvette out front.( you see , every year we come down we're used to seeing a red corvette parked out front) and today we didn't see the corvette, & along with the new sign & lots of parking we thought hmmmm thats odd, this place is always packed.

So now we go into the restaurant, are greeted by no one and the place has maybe 1 table with a party of 8 elderly people out having dinner. We sit down, notice the menu is different and without anymore thought we order. I opted for the beef brisket (don't order it! -it had no flavor, was not obviously cooked like the traditional brisket, and was horrible) I left it and could not eat it. The salad bar was not stocked like we are used to- and remember, we come down once a year and we noticed the difference. The other people in our party ordered sandwiches and noticed that there was a philly steak sandwich on the menu( hmmmm philly steak sandwich? at porkys last stand? oooops i meant porkys.... exactly!!

After paying our bill we ran for the exits. but before exiting we went to wash our hands and noticed a local newspaper article on the wall telling its readers about new ownership and mgmt. and thats when everything was made clear to us. The article (dated July 2 of this year tells how a husband and wife from Philadelphia ( explains the philly cheese Steak) purchased the restaurant and how they wanted to make everyone feel like family (never felt like family to us!) The article tells how "Porkys last Stand" was still in Naples at Golden Gate ( there were always 2, one in Marco and the other in Naples) so that explains it. The waiter told us that general mgr. who was the owner of the corvette moved over to the Naples location when the restaurant was sold and that the chef went to that location just recently. ( explains the less than favorable food)

I gave it 1 star because we went there expecting the great tasting BBQ that has made Porkys last stand what it was, so at least we walked in. Other than that we would have never gone in knowing what we were about to walk into. Sadly, we will never go to Porkys. How do you think a restaurant will be as good as its previous owner unless the new owners are there to overlook operations? the service and quality of food has gone down as quickly as the changing of the guard. I guess the one night we opt to go to Porky's last stand will now serve as a trip to Naples to eat at one of our favorite locations except it will no longer be in Marco Island. This place will be lucky to still be open in a year from now ....... Good luck new owners but we will be staying loyal to Porkys last Stand in Naples.

2  Thank Eddie P