“Good but not great”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Troy, Michigan
“Good but not great”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had read good reviews for Island Cafe so gave it a try with another couple.

They close fairly early (last reservation was 8:30) but we found that it was the case for many restaurants on Marco Island.

Nice ambience, quiet and tasteful decor.

Three of us had fish, which was good but not great. We were all excited to try their seafood chowder, only to find out they were all out after we placed our orders.

Service was so-so, but it was late for them and we were one of the last tables. Not bad, but there were better places we enjoyed on Marco.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Scott G

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Perfect little place”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had escargot and french onion soup to start, then duck and the filet minegons, And also crem brulee and the molten chocolate cake for dessert. All was delicious. Bill was about $84 and worth it. We ate at Sale y Pepe last night and this place was even better.

• Visited January 2014
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“Fabulous romantic dinner”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't judge this book by the cover. It is a small restaurant in a strip mall, but is absolutely remarkable. The service was awesome, and the food was perfect. I had the onion soup and spinach salad and petite filet. Everything was perfect. The portions are small but when we were finished eating I could barely get up I was so full. My husband had the shrimp and scallops and said it was excellent. He had key lime pie for dessert and I had the berry tarte. I highly recommend the tarte. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had. The restaurant was very romantic and quiet. Very upscale but yet unpretentious. We felt comfortable in flip flops as we had just come from the beach. 5 stars all the way!!!!

Marco Island, Florida
“Best Deal Around and Delicious”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I go out to eat a lot so we wanted to try something new tonight, I read a few reviews and we went, we had Stephanie and she made us very welcome, we had the Early Bird, the mussels and escargot the sauces were delicious the meals were so good, beef tornadoes were cooked perfect, Hubby had macadamian crusted snapper with a butter sauce yum, desserts went with this too,..Key lime cheesecake Oh yes, chocolate lava cake, very good service and quality, nice atmosphere ..not outside..nor tropical, but great food great price ! Going New yrs Eve !!

• Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the most romantic evening spots on Marco Island”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just finished an incredibly romantic dinner at this lovely little restaurant. Food was delicious. I had the tilapia and my boyfriend had the strip stake- both to be recommended. Desert was the best part ;) but by far the service is the crowning achievement of the island cafe. We were the last couple left in the restaurant and the wait staff played a song of our choice for us, let us dance and offered us a glass of complimentary champagne. What a perfect end to the day!!

• Visited December 2013