“What a great find on Marco Island!”
Review of Island Cafe

Island Cafe
Ranked #39 of 119 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Sugar Hill, Georgia
“What a great find on Marco Island!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We took a family vacation on Marco Island during the second week in August. We made a reservation at the Island Cafe for Saturday night. The restaurant is situated in a basic little (really little!) shopping center with a pizza joint and a cupcake bakery, and didn't look like much from the curb. We were happy to see the summer special (buy your entree - and your appetizer and dessert were included!) so we all had three course dinners for anywhere from $18 to $29. Everything was wonderful. One of my daughters is allergic to shrimp, so she stays away from anything that swims. She had the Chicken Piccata and loved it. She also had the goat cheese and onion tart as her appetizer and the creme brulee for her dessert - and loved them even more! She is our "picky" eater, and very outspoken, so her really enjoying a meal is very special ;) We all loved our dinners so much, that the Island Cafe was the only place we went to twice during our stay. We chose it for our last night of vacation too, and this time took friends we met at our condos with us. So between our two dinners there, we pretty much tried everything on the summer special menu. No one left anything on their plate, at all, either evening! And no matter who ordered what, fish, chicken, steak, jambalaya, shrimp, scallops, whatever - it was all cooked perfectly and flavored wonderfully.

I had the spinach salad the first night, followed by the shrimp and scallops. They were all delectable. I wanted to order that again the second time, but I had taken a taste of my younger daughter's baked crepe with aspargus, mushrooms, tomatoes and swiss that first night, and I really wanted my own. It was so good! Then I ventured out to the Grouper topped with crab meat and a lemon butter sauce for my entree on the second dinner. It was just as good as the shrimp and scallops, which is amazing to me since shrimp and scallops are my two very favorite foods in that order. And the Creme Brulee? It is the best I have ever tasted, and I usually order it when ever I am anywhere that has it on the menu.

The service was great. We had the same waiter both nights and he was wry and funny and attentive and a pleasure. It isn't a big place, and there was another female server who was also very pleasant and friendly. They appeared to help each other out so that every table got all their food around the same time while it was still the perfect serving temperature.

I would recommend this restaurant to any one at any time! And for those of you lucky enough to read this review and visit Marco Island before August 31 when the Summer Special rates are over - well rush right on in because you are in for a great experience for an amazing price!

• Visited August 2013

Trinidad
“nice view”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The view from island cafe is perfect...the pina colada is the best I ever had. The food tastes great and service is good. I can recommend the stewed chicken. You also have a nice view of the sunset sitting at the tables at water's edge.

• Visited June 2013
Maidstone
“Excellent food - great value”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

If your main interest when eating in a restaurant is the quality of the food on your plate and value for money you will love Island Cafe. The service is friendly but we felt the general ambiance left something to be desired.
The restaurant itself is situated on the edge of a relatively modern shopping precinct that gives the impression that it is suffering hard times. The dining room is modern and cavernous with a rather scruffy outside dining area. In fairness decorations were in hand when we visited so hopefully this will make it feel a bit more cosy. The quality of the cuisine and the enthusiasm of the staff deserve better surroundings.

• Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and cuisine. Loved it!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our dinner at the Island Cafe was the best meal we had during our week on Marco this past December. The friendly staff was knowledgeable on the menu and made fantastic recommendations. All (4) of us had fantastic meals...the fish was especially fresh and flavorful. We will be back. Thank you!

• Visited December 2012
“A family dinner.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When I read all of these raving revues I must have caught this place on a bad night when my family and I dined there. It would be a compliment to call the service fair and the food average. I really expected a much better dining experience,especially at these prices.

• Visited May 2013