“Summer Menu Was a Great Value”
Review of Island Cafe

Island Cafe
Ranked #43 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband & I celebrated our anniversary last weekend in Marco Island, & had a wonderful dinner at Island Cafe. My husband had the spinach salad, tournedos of beef & chocolate mousse, while I had the mussels, grouper topped with crabmeat & creme brulee. We both agreed that my dessert was superior, and everything else tasted wonderful. HOWEVER, two of my mussels were mostly closed, & after celebratory cocktails, my thinking cap was not on. I opened & ate them. BIG mistake. I was violently ill thru the entire next day. No, I should not have eaten them, but the restaurant should not have served them either. Bottom line, don't take a chance on the mussels.

There are newer reviews for Island Cafe

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Excellent local place if your looking to have dinner on Marco Island. Decor is a bit outdated, but don't be fooled because the food is delicious, the service excellent and the experience very pleasent. You must try the escargot, the spinach sLad, the mahi mahi, and the desserts were delicious as well! Recommend 100%

Reviewed September 24, 2012

In late August 2012, the restaurant offered an attractive deal. You paid the quoted entree price and they included your choice of appetizer and dessert. The wine prices were reasonable, the staff friendly (which we appreciate to a point), and the food quite lovely. Even at that time of year, it was crowded and I can imagine that reservations would be a good idea when more people are around.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great food and warm and friendly staff and good value, what more can you ask for? Would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Finding a restaurant on Marco Island that was open in mid September turned out to be quite a task, so I was very happy when I read about Island Cafe and their summer menu which goes on until Oct.1st. As stated earlier here, the outside view does not have curb appeal. The interior, however, looks exactly like the photos posted here; comfortable, attractive and inviting.

I had made a reservation and we were seated immediately. The host and server were friendly and efficient. We enjoyed our well prepared meals of grouper and the shrimp and scallop plate. My husband's spinach salad was excellent, he said, and I enjoyed the warm crepe with asparagus and melted cheese. The fruit crisp dessert was very good, too. This restaurant was a very good choice for us.