“Don't Drive Buy!”

Ranked #42 of 121 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Island Cafe has a quaint and cozy atmosphere serving European Classic Cuisine. Our chefs have decades of experience and are committed to present quality classic dishes unique to Island Cafe. Our staff looks forward to serving you and providing a dining experience you will be sure to enjoy. Beer and wine is available. Reservations recommended - Walk In's Welcome!
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Located off the road in a small plaza, this small, but pleasant cafe, will not disappoint. The two specials for the evening were excellent. The roasted pork loin and yellowtail snapper were both tastefully prepared. An excellent creamed carrot soup with a hint of thyme was our choice in place of the house salad. The true test for me is whether the food comes to the table properly warm/hot. The soup and entrees were perfect in that regard. A definite keeper!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I visited the Island Cafe with my wife and mother-in-law. As an Ohio native, I was surprised and impressed to learn that chef Fred was head chef at Rigsby's (high end Italian restaurant in Columbus) and worked with Cameron Mitchell (THE food guru in Columbus). My wife and I have dined at fine dining establishments throughout the United States and this restaurant ranks among the best. The dining room was small, and located in a small strip mall. But the food, my friend, was remarkable. Chef Fred worked magic with flavor combinations. For example, the FILO BAKED BEEF TENDERLOIN
with figs, almonds, gorgonzola, and port reduction was to die for. The
HORSERADISH AND PANKO CRUSTED TILAPIA was outstanding. We will plan to return whenever we are back in Marco Island, and if we could talk chef Fred into returning to Ohio, we would!

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We were wonderfully surprised by our visit to the Island Cafe. Our group of 10 included numerous fussy eaters including 2 vegans. Our group choose Amberjack fish, Vegetarian compote with red sauce (vegan style), a grilled vegetable plate and a grouper plate. Each dish was carefully presented and offered mouth watering tastes. In addition, each meal included a tasty house salad. Most of the dishes also included an appetizer. glass of wine and dessert as part of a summer promotion.

I personally had the vegan compote which was excellently prepared and offered a nice assortment of vegetables and a small vegetable pasta. It was not just a hunk of broccoli on a plate.

The amberjack was fresh and succulent. It was the choice of most of the group.

The service was handled by a group of servers so requests could be handled quickly which was important for a large, diverse group. Since the group sat by sex, the primary server was challenged by separate checks which was handled expertly. This is in contrast to other experiences we had.

Although the outside location in a strip center was not too enticing, the inside is quite pretty.

1  Thank RossSteele
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The Island Cafe was our favorite Marco restaurant for years. Then it changed hands a couple of times and we got out of the habit of going there. When we returned tonight, little was changed in the simple atmosphere, and the food was very good in all regards. The set summer menu offered four courses for $26 but looked like more than we would choose to eat so we ordered a la carte. My salmon and my husband's pepper steak were tasty, pretty to look at, and well presented. We'll be going back soon!

1  Thank Manatee609
Reviewed April 15, 2011

The Island Cafe was a wonderful eating experience. We started and ended with pleasant and excellent waiters and servers. The menu is interesting with something for everyone. I had the seaford dish with wonderful shrimp, lobster, mussels and scallops. They were so fresh, large and delicious! The pasta and sauce were wonderful! My husband had the two petit filet mignons and raved about it as well as the sauce. My daughter had the stuffed chicken. She liked it but didn't give it raves. The onion soup and house salads were top notch. When in Marco Island, be sure to give this restaurant a visit. You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank christeach2