“Susie's eggsperience breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We sat outside even though it was a breezy day and cooler than the normal 80s. We got seated right a way. It was a wait for a table inside. I can see why. We had two great breakfasts and since we were the only ones outside we never waited. The crab cakes and omelets were great and the grits were just like mamma made. We were very happy with the breakfast. No complaints. It was a perfect eggsperience breakfast.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Maxwell house coffee? Seriously? I understand that most American's don't cook or at least take it seriously but this is just another average breakfast place that takes great pains to let you know that they once won the popular vote of "Best Place for Breakfast" on Marco Island. This is little better than a Denny's breakfast. I could have done without the Manager wearing his NRA shirt to let us all know about his politics.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

We haven't been to Susie's in quite a long time. Walked over for breakfast today and had an excellent experience. The decorations were colorful and clear. The food was excellent and the service was great. The pricing was moderate. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We first discovered Susie's when we visited the Island in the late 80's and have been frequenting it ever since. Returned again when we were there this year; food and service remain excellent!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've been to Susie's 5 or 6 times over the past couple of years. It's a fairly short walk from our house and they make a perfectly decent breakfast.

I probably wouldn't bother to review a middle-of-the-road breakfast place, except for two things:

1. All the 4 and 5 star reviews they have gotten. Huh? Are you guys going to a different Susie's Diner than I am?

2. Their hype. If you've been to Susie's, seen one of their ads or even if you've just driven by the place, you probably know that they were voted "Best Breakfast on Marco Island." It's on a neon sign facing Collier Avenue, it's printed on their menu and coffee cups and the t-shirts that they sell. Nowhere do they say who voted or when they voted or anything else to give this any credibility. Voted best breakfast by the owner and his family? By 3 drunks in a tavern in 1984?

I really don't mean to bash the place. It's ok. I'll probably go there again in the near future.

If you want to grab breakfast, by all means give it a try. But you'll be disappointed if you're expecting a 5 star diner with the "best breakfast" on the island. I just thought you should know.