“Negative New York attitude” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Italian Deli & Market
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Marco Island
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Italian Deli has been in operation for 19 years serving the best Italian sandwiches, salads, soups, and pizza to the locals of Marco Island. We also have a fine selection of domestic and imported meats, cheeses, grocery items, and homemade "Heat & Eat" prepared foods. We currently serve SW Florida's BEST thin crust pizza four nights a week (Wed-Sat) from 4 to 8.30. In addition, we sell pizza by the slice at lunch (11:30-2). Our hours are as follows: Lunch: Monday through Friday from 9AM to 2PM. We also are open 4 nights a week :Wednesday through Saturday from 4.00 Pm to 8.30 Pm.We also cater for any style of event. (Also doing business under "Arturo's Deli Express")NOTE: We have very limited seating, our business is mostly take out.
Montclair, New Jersey
“Negative New York attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you want to be ignored, have your telephone order unanswered or, in general, treated as if your business doesn't matter to the owners, then by all means visit this Italian deli. Their products are good, but when they are busy and stressed….be prepared to be growled at.

Visited December 2013
5 Thank LindaMontclair

Pembroke Pines, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Vacation Tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Do you like pizza? Served with a great Italian attitude? Then you need to visit Jimmy and the gang at the Italian deli. I love this place, reminds me of the pizza joints that my Dad took me to in New York City when I was a kid. The Italian Deli has the best pizza and subs made with fresh cold cuts and real Italian cheese (Not plastic). The first thing that hits you when you walk through the door is the smell of roasted peppers and fresh cold cuts... I felt like crying, I was home!! And then there's Jimmy!! My kind of guy, he makes the whole place... and the best fresh Italian food you ever had in a long time, and the bread! How can you make an Italian sub sandwich without great bread? The Italian Deli knows that bread is the key to a good sub sandwich...they have the best ciabatta rolls, always fresh. Great Italian food and big hearted service. When our family heads to Marco Island, we have to stop in and see Jimmy at the Italian Deli...It's our tradition!

The Ianniello Family
Pembroke Pines, FL

1 Thank Michael I
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Pizza!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband & I vacationed in Marco Island July 2nd thru July 8th. I lost count on how many times we ate at The Italian Deli & Market. My husband who is from New Jersey said this was the best pizza he has had since he lived back east. Susan went out of her way to welcome us and everything we had was fantastic! Best of luck to you and your family Susan and we hope to be visiting again soon. Pam & Steven (from Kansas City)

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice People but I’ve had Better Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Date Visited: Saturday, June 28, 2014
Pros: Very friendly, convenient location
Cons: Tiny place, only decent food

This little place is tucked off of Collier in a “strip mall” kind of place, a little hard to find (right next to Joey’s). And the restaurant itself is tiny! There were 2 small tables, a couple of coolers holding food you could take home and cook, and drinks, and the counter. It’s basically a catering and take-out restaurant. The staff was very friendly when we were there, and the price of the pizza was decent (now the sodas are very expensive). It only took 15 minutes from the time we called in the order til it was ready. The pizza was piping hot, but we were a little disappointed that they didn’t have breadsticks. We took the food back to the condo to eat. It was a good sized large pizza, and a thin crust. The toppings were generous, but you basically had to fold the pizza as it was so floppy (which is great if that’s your thing, not mine). I actually think the pizza next door at Joey’s is better (see my review of them too). They are very kind and it is a decent enough meal if you are looking for carry out pizza, but I doubt we would return.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, Washington
“Pizza was not what I was hoping for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Lived in NY. The Pizza wasn't quite what I was hoping for. Felt like the sauce could have had more flavor. I haven't tried the sandwiches, but they looked great as did the take out in the deli case. We didn't even eat the leftover pizza=(

Service was fantastic. Owner super friendly! Pizza is a personal taste, so please check this place out and maybe start with a slice first:)